Civil & Structure Design Engineer - Waste Water
Civil & Structure Design Engineer - Waste Water
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic self-starter to join our team as a Civil & Structure Design Engineer - Waste Water. This role will be based at our Atkins offices in Bangalore, IN. or Gurugram, IN.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with UK Health & Safety requirements and CDM Regulations and incorporate design for safety.
- Ensure compliance with Atkins Quality Management Procedures.
- Deliver projects on time and to quality and budget.
- Mentoring of Graduate/Assistant Engineers.
- Originator of calculations to International codes of practice.
- Checking of calculations and drawings.
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious.
- Be able to work with limited supervision.
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers.
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
What will you contribute?
- Degree in Civil Engineering and master’s degree in environmental engineering (preferred).
- 4 to12 years of experience in the Water & Wastewater Industry.
- Experience of working in the water Industry; civil design of particularly water and wastewater trunk mains, reservoirs, pumping stations, water and wastewater treatment works (One area is essential, 2 or more preferred). UK and USA experience are preferred.
- Experience of detailed design drawings and calculations.
- Familiarity with IS/BS, US Codes of Practice.
- Ability to contribute to the project management of detailed design of projects.
- Ability to apply, promote/improve quality systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel proficient. Basic knowledge on drafting software like AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks.
- International experience.
- Experience of training and mentoring.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Why work for Atkins
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
Our Latest Articles
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an