Civil CAD Technician
Civil CAD Technician
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Civil CAD Technician with 3+ years-experience.
The candidate will join our busy Highways and Transportation team based in our Dublin office.
The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
The role will involve, preliminary and detailed design drawings in 2D, 3D modelling using Autocad,
Civil 3D / MX or similar 3D software. Liaison and co-ordination with project engineers within own discipline and other disciplines.
Desirable skills / attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MX, BIM etc).
- Experience of relevant design standards including knowledge of the TII Technical Standards / DMURS / National Cycle Manual etc and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- Experience working on Civils / Transportation Projects including the geometric design of existing street upgrades and new road schemes.
- Experience at both the preliminary and detailed design stages of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher