Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit candidates with experience fulfilling the duties of Clerk of Works undertake the role of Construction Quality Monitor based in various locations which includes Kilkenny City, Carrick on Suir, Newbridge, Mullingar
- Membership of the Institute of Clerk of Works & Building Inspectors of Ireland (or equivalent) experience in oversight of building projects, preferably in Education sector
- Experience of ensuring works are compliant with Building Regulations, particularly Fire safety and detailing
- A good record keeper
- A minimum of 5 year’s post membership experience
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible
- Willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team
- An excellent communicator, written and verbal in English
Primary Duties will include:
- Act as Construction Quality Monitor, based on building construction site and oversee quality of works
- Prepare and coordinate a check sheet unique to each site to ensure all elements are quality checked at each stage of construction
- The Construction Quality Monitor shall ensure that reports and related photographic records are maintained of all works including covered works prior to closing up
- Inspecting construction work and comparing it with drawings and specifications
- Measuring and quality checking building materials
- Identifying defects and liaison with designers / Technical Advisors regarding solutions
- Monitoring progress and reporting to Employers Representative, Technical Advisors and Client
- Keeping detailed records of work
- Referring to plans and taking photographs of work, along with measurements and samples
- Liaising with contractors, engineers, and surveyors
- Checking that building regulations, health and safety, legal and ecological requirements are met
- Working with a base on the construction site
At AtkinsRéalis we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an
What is decarbonisation? Decarbonisation is about reducing or eliminating carbon dioxide emissions (CO2). In 2015, 196 parties signed the Paris Agreement, an international treaty on climate cha