Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit a Design Engineer to be based in our Dublin or Cork office.
Atkins has an opportunity for a Transport Planning and Design team for a civil engineer / transport planner with 2+ years’ experience. The candidate will play a role in the delivery of an ever expanding project portfolio across a range of major public and private clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team providing services at the forefront of environmental sustainability and the delivery of Ireland's Climate Action Plan.
Atkins offers excellent career prospects as part of a multidisciplinary consultancy business both in Ireland and internationally. We are an Engineer’s Ireland accredited CPD Employer and this role comes with significant benefits in terms of technical development and progression towards Chartership.
Our engineers and planners are the best in the business and we provide an ideal working and learning environment that incorporates the following:
- Bi-annual Professional Development Review.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 2 Volunteers Days per annum at full pay.
- Up to 20 days working from abroad per annum.
- Hybrid working arrangements between home and office.
- Mentorship Program.
- In house CPD sessions.
- Learning & Development Committee.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing team.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Committee.
- Social Club.
Duties will include:
- A technical role in the delivery of a broad range of projects including active travel, public transport, greenways and large scale development sites.
- Opportunities for client facing activities.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Delivery of schemes from feasibility through planning and construction stages.
- Delivery of projects with public and private sector clients.
Key Experience & Skills:
- High quality report writing skills and verbal communicator in English.
- Experience of transport planning in Ireland including understanding of relevant policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to use initiative and have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Working towards relevant chartership status.
- Experience in the application of GIS.
- Experience in design development in AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance including DMURS and National Cycle Manual.
- Ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems, family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
At Atkins we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
What skills are needed for construction? The United Arab Emirates (UAE) construction market size was valued at $86.7 billion in 2022 and is expected to achieve an AAGR of more than 3% from 2024 to 20
What is the future of the construction industry? As we enter the fifth industrial revolution, the construction industry's future is poised for a transformative shift, characterised by unpreced
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
In recent years, the United States has witnessed a significant shift towards sustainable and environmentally conscious practices in various sectors, including construction. The US government i