Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
AtkinsRéalis is currently seeking an Engineering/Design Manager to join the Rail team based in Dublin, Dundalk, Cork or Galway office.
AtkinsRéalis is world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy. In industries ranging from healthcare and civil infrastructure to energy, housing and resilience, provides data-driven expertise on projects, making the lived environment better and sustainable. Our rail portfolio of work in Ireland is growing significantly, with committed multi-year contracts.
We are looking for an individual who is creative, organised, self-motivated, and collaborative with experience in delivering significant multi-disciplinary rail projects. The candidate would be a Chartered Engineer, with experience of all stages of the project life cycle. You will have the opportunity to lead projects of varying size and complexity. The Engineering/Design manager is a senior member of the Atkins Ireland Transportation team who will provide technical oversight of rail projects in Ireland, through directly working on projects or mentoring staff in project delivery roles. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the technical engineering rail strategy for the team in Ireland and assist with developing the right team structure for our clients and projects. You will be expected to provide strategic advice to our clients as they embark on significant investment programmes.
- Overall engineering and technical leadership of rail engineering projects in Ireland.
- Acting as a Design or Engineering Manager on projects.
- Managing the multi-disciplinary design process.
- Ensuring design is defined and delivered in accordance with appropriate guidance, standards and client requirements.
- Being the primary point of contact for all technical matters for rail in Ireland.
- Line management of a team of engineers and discipline leads.
- Developing technical/quality proposals for new commissions.
- Implementing a robust quality management system.
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- An ability to ensure safe-by-design is at the core of the design and delivery process.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in own and team performance.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Minimum 15 years of postgraduate experience, primarily in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of delivering projects to BIM Level 2 equivalent.
- An awareness of developing technologies and best practice in the industry.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Full driving licence.
At AtkinsRéalis we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab