Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are looking for a Fire Safety Engineer to join the infrastructure team in our Dublin office. Candidate will be required to assist in Fire Safety Engineering design and monitoring of building and site development projects. The role will involve working on exciting projects across various sectors including Transport, Leisure, Educational, Commercial, Healthcare, Industrial, Storage and Residential for both public and private clients.
Preference will be given to those whose qualification is suitable to attain the title of Chartered Engineer with Engineers Ireland. Graduate Engineers as well as those with up to 3-5 years’ experience will be considered for the position with the starting salary determined on an individual basis. A driving licence and own transport is required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, and flexible
- Willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team
- Proficient in fire safety design, legislation and construction technology in Ireland
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English
- Be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent presentation and client facing skills
Duties will include:
- Development of fire safety strategies from inception through to completion for a variety of project types, on time and to budget.
- Technical report writing
- Preparation of design drawings and review of drawings prepared by others
- Fire risk assessments and surveys of existing buildings
- Undertaking site inspections as required under BC(A)R 2014
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals and material submittals
- Guide and mentor junior Engineers and other members of the team
- Develop a network of colleagues and clients within Atkins and outside Atkins
Experience & Education Requirement:
- 3-5 years post grad experience in a consultancy or similar environment
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) (level 8) in Fire Safety Engineering (or equivalent). Candidates with a MSc in Fire Safety Engineering are preferred
At AtkinsRéalis we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine