Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Come join us in reshaping the future with AtkinsRéalis. AtkinsRéalis is dedicated in engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
Location - Kincardine, ON
The Metrology Technician is responsible for measurements using laser trackers, scanners, 3D modeling, CAD, visual planning aides, calibration and qualification requirements and operations. This employee will report to the Engineering Manager / Metrology Supervisor.
Your role within the team:
- Support planning and execution of field assignments working in a team environment under the guidance of the Lead Metrology Specialist
- Proficient in the operation of metrology, surveying, alignment, layout using measurement instruments.
- CAD modeling in various software Spatial Analyzer, PolyWorks, Smart Plant, SolidWorks, AutoCAD
- Complete all associated documentation and forms within a Construction Work Plan.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring multitasking, problem solving, analytical skills. Able to work prioritize and work tight deadlines.
- General Knowledge of QA Standards ISO 9001:2008,CSA N258.0-08,Z299.3,Z299.4.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members, internal customers, and suppliers.
- Strong Inspection background as a Metrologist.
Why choose AtkinsRéalis as an employer?
Because we offer:
- The opportunity to work on various major projects for internal and external clients.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive pay, flexible benefits, an employee share plan, and a defined contribution pension plan.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The ideal candidate:
- Basic Surveying knowledge (total stations).
- CAD software operation in various software (3D modeling).
- Read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office/Excel.
- Previous experience in point cloud and laser tracker / scanner use would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Fiscal responsibility as required.
- Various work locations in both field and office.
- Travel as necessary.
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment.
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred.
Are you up for this challenge? Apply today and join our team to help engineer a Better Future for our Planet and its People.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy. AtkinsRéalis and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of AtkinsRéalis (referred to throughout as “AtkinsRéalis”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about AtkinsRéalis’ accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
If you're anything like Senior EC&I Engineer Alessandro Del Brenna, being constantly inspired and challenged is something you crave at work. He said, "Working at Atkins, a member of the SNC-La
Building careers and cultivating talents: a look into Atkins Nuclear & Power. Hi! My name is Laura Barlow, and I'm an Assistant Engineer at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. I joine