Piping / Feeder Analyst
Piping / Feeder Analyst
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Piping / Feeder Analyst
AtkinsRéalis/CANDU Energy Inc. is a leading full-service nuclear technology company providing nuclear power reactors and nuclear products and services to customers worldwide. Our 1,200 highly skilled employees design and deliver state-of-the-art CANDU® reactors, carry out life extension projects, provide plant life management programs and tools, and offer operation and maintenance services for existing nuclear power stations. This role is based out of the CANDU Energy Inc. home office in Mississauga, ON.
Our expertise includes Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
AtkinsRéalis is currently looking for a Junior to Intermediate Piping / Feeder Analyst (s) to join our engineering team in Mississauga. The work is in support of Life Extension Projects and New Build project and requires a technical role in the design and analysis of feeder piping, feeder supports, and feeder in-line components. This is a permanent position.
Your role within the team:
This position requires an individual who is self-motivated and capable of working independently or under the instruction from a senior technical engineer and develop his/her career and experience in nuclear field. The candidate shall be able to follow the instruction from a qualified professional engineer to complete the assigned mechanical related scopes or tasks and develop necessary engineering design documentation as required.
The qualified individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform engineering work following AtkinsRéalis/Candu Energy QA programs, and applicable codes, standards, and regulation requirements.
- Coordinate and interface with client, suppliers, stakeholders and other design disciplines or department to execute assigned engineering work.
- Involve in conceptual, preliminary and/or detailed design of CANDU or Nuclear process systems and modifications under supervision of a P.Eng.
- Learn and prepare engineering computations and analyses using applicable software (e.g., PipeStress, CaesarII, AutoPipe, MATLAB, MathCAD, ANSYS Mechanical (APDL preferred or Workbench), and LSDYNA. etc.).
- Modelling complex piping and support arrangements using finite element techniques.
- Perform pipe stress evaluation of piping systems (nuclear class or non-nuclear class) in accordance with ASME Section III, Div.1, and/or ASME B31.1 code requirements.
- Performing thermal, fatigue, seismic, linear and non-linear analyses in accordance with ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section III, Div.1 code requirements.
- Prepare Design Change Package (DCP) and Design Change Notice (DCN) packages following customer procedures.
- Prepare technical documents, such as: engineering drawings (including GA, ISO, pipe supports, flow diagrams), change paper markups, calculations, design/analysis reports, design requirements, design manuals, bill of materials, design specifications, technical specifications, data sheets, system classification lists, code classifications, commissioning specifications, etc.
- Prepare TSSA registration packages for pressure boundary modifications.
- Prepare requisitions or Engineering Quotation Requests (EQR) for equipment and materials to support procurement.
- Review supplier technical documents and performing technical bid analyses.
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to Designers/Drafters and more junior staff as required.
- Perform site visits to client and supplier shops as required.
- Perform field walk-downs during different design phases as required.
- Support field construction and execution activities, such as: field changes, design revisions, commissioning, AFS, closeout, etc.
- Provide prompt response and engineering resolutions on any critical engineering related matters.
- Complete the assigned scopes or tasks within given budget and schedule, and in good quality.
Why choose AtkinsRéalis as an employer?
Because we offer:
- The opportunity to work on various major projects for internal and external clients.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive pay, flexible benefits, an employee share plan, and a defined contribution pension plan.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The ideal candidate:
- Be a part of a team involved in conceptual, preliminary and/or detailed design and analysis of CANDU or Nuclear process systems and modifications.
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical from an accredited university or equivalent degree as recognized by Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Registered as an Engineer-In-Training or eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- 2-5 years of related work experience in mechanical engineering within a heavy industrial environment such as: mining, oil & gas, power, etc.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and piping systems or equipment (knowledge of CANDU nuclear systems would be an asset).
- Working knowledge of CSA N285.0 and CSA B51, CSA N289 and ASME Section III and ANSI B31.1 codes and any other applicable standards or regulatory guides related to permanent plant components, pressure boundary equipment, and/or reactor systems is preferred.
- Design engineering experience in nuclear class 2, 3 and 6 piping systems, valves, pumps and for Nuclear Power Plants is preferable.
- Experience in Stress Analysis using PipeStress, CaesarII, AutoPipe, MATLAB, MathCAD, ANSYS Mechanical (APDL preferred or Workbench) , and LSDYNA. or other similar software program is an asset.
- Qualified or eligible to be qualified as ASME Appendix XXIII is an asset.
- Must be able to apply technical principles in a logical and practical manner to resolve engineering issues or technical problems.
- Shall have excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Site experience in construction, or commissioning of plant mechanical systems for nuclear or other heavy industries would be an asset.
- Must be willing to become a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW), although this will not be a regular requirement as part of the job.
Are you up for this challenge? Apply today and join our team to help engineer a Better Future for our Planet and its People.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy. AtkinsRéalis and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of AtkinsRéalis (referred to throughout as “AtkinsRéalis”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about AtkinsRéalis’ accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab
If you’re a recent graduate or in training, you might be asking, “What jobs can you get with an engineering degree?” In the ever-evolving landscape of global energy needs, nuclear power stands