Risk Manager (Infrastructure)
Risk Manager (Infrastructure)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Make ambitious visions possible.
Welcome to AtkinsRéalis, Project and Programme Services.
Join us on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges around the globe. As part of a friendly, collaborative team, you'll be valued equally – and together, we'll deliver excellence for people and the environment. You'll also enjoy all the training and progression you need to take you through the glass ceiling.
We encourage our people to find a work-life balance that helps them thrive. So, ask us how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We hear and recognise all our people's different perspectives. Some of our recent pledges have been for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.' Learn more.
Our awesome complex infrastructure team makes the biggest, most complex and ambitious infrastructure projects happen. Whether it’s transforming the energy sector, forming the backbone of Britain’s transport network on High Speed 2, transforming how the railway works on East Coast Digital Programme, increasing our international connectivity on Heathrow Airport, or delivering safe and reliable journeys for National Highways and local government bodies, a career with us represents an opportunity to make a positive difference to the communities we serve and for future generations to come. And, we do all of this whilst working with fun and passion.
We are looking for Risk Managers / Senior Risk Managers to work on our national portfolio of complex infrastructure projects with experience of implementing Risk Management on major construction, energy or infrastructure projects, preferably with a formal professional Risk Management qualification.
Our projects range in value from £20m+ to £20Bn+ with a variety of high-profile clients giving our team a diverse and exciting workload across a range of sectors.
- Ensure the successful delivery of risk management services in a consistent, professional manner with the aim of exceeding client expectations.
- Implement effective risk management activities to actively reduce risk exposure and uncertainty on projects & programmes.
- Support development and implementation of risk management approaches/systems for clients, incorporating best practice and procedures.
- Facilitate workshops and engage with project teams to ensure the effective implementation of risk management.
- Carry out risk analyses using industry recognised software / databases.
- Produce risk reports summarising outputs to suit needs of the project / programme.
- Support the development of new risk management processes, procedures and tools as part of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Support our win work activities with the preparation of bids and proposals to secure new commissions.
- Support with business development, client engagement and other profile-raising activities to promote our risk management services.
- A recognised diploma or degree or be qualified by experience with a qualification in risk management.
- Experience of working on major infrastructure projects in at least one of the following sub-sectors: rail, energy, highways, aviation, industry and utility sectors.
- Demonstrate competency with implementing Risk Management processes aligned with ISO31000/ Institute of Risk Management / Association of Project Management methodologies including but not limited to:
- Initiating, developing and implementing risk management processes.
- Facilitating workshops as part of the overall delivery of the risk process.
- Conducting risk reviews applying qualitative scoring of risks.
- Undertaking Quantitative Risk Analysis techniques.
- Producing appropriate risk management reports to inform decision making.
- Awareness of industry risk management tools such as: ARM, Xactium, Primavera Risk Analysis, SafranRisk, @Risk, RiskPredict.
- An understanding of the Value Management process and how it is applied on projects.
- An understanding of how risk management integrates with other Project Management and Project Controls disciplines including cost estimating, project planning and contract administration.
To do well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- An analytical thinker, you’ll also be able to show initiative and examples of creativity.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/.
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis is a leading international consultancy with over 100 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Hello, I’m Emily Hoyes, a Building Surveyor at AtkinsRéalis. My determination to pursue a career in construction and engineering was solidified after completing an industrial placement at what
Content typeVideos and Podcasts
Meet Luke Brown, Associate Director at AtkinsRéalis in the UK. He spent six years with us between 2015 and 2021 when he opted to experience life with an SME. He shares what brought him home to
Hi, my name is Rula. I'm a Lead Planning Engineer at AtkinsRéalis in the Project & Programme Services team. My team prepares project plans and schedules: how and when work will be carried out fo