Senior Design Engineer
Senior Design Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer, with 8+ years’ experience, to join the our Transport Planning & Design Team in Dublin office. This team focusses on urban public transport, active travel and public realm improvement projects together with major private sector developments and rural greenways. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team at the forefront of the delivery of sustainable transport projects in line with Ireland’s Climate Action Plan commitments.
The remit of this role will also include the preparation of tender submissions, project management and project delivery through to construction and handover. The ideal candidate will be a chartered or in the chartership application process, with a strong track record of delivering projects with large public sector and private sector clients.
Atkins offers excellent career prospects as part of a multidisciplinary consultancy business both in Ireland and internationally and we are an Engineer’s Ireland accredited CPD Employer.
Our engineers and planners are the best in the business and we provide an ideal working and learning environment that incorporates the following:
- Bi-annual Professional Development Review.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Company pension scheme.
- 2 Volunteers Days per annum at full pay.
- Up to 20 days working from abroad per annum.
- Hybrid working arrangements between home and office.
- Mentorship Program.
- In house CPD sessions.
- Learning & Development Committee.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing team.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Committee.
- Social Club.
Duties will include:
- Applying knowledge and understanding of project Technical delivery and contractual requirements.
- Project Management and monitoring project delivery within defined budget and program requirements.
- Delivery of schemes at various project stages.
- Management of multidisciplinary project deliverables.
- Review of designs and technical specifications and preparation of project reports.
Key Experience & Skills:
- Relationships at a client level with clients such as the NTA, local authorities, private sector clients etc.
- Urban streetscape design including walking, cycling, public transport and public realm.
- Strong design experience including relevant design guidance; DMURS and National Cycle Manual AutoCAD and GIS experience.
- Project Management of financial and technical aspects of project delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to use initiative and have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations with regard to the design process.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- Ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems.
At Atkins we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab