Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
AtkinsRéalis is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We’re looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our successful Commercial Services team in our Scotland office. The Scotland office has a large portfolio of private and public sector clients and is at the forefront of our national delivery to the property sector, with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality services. Our focus is on the provision of pre and post contract commercial services to client organisations within both the UK and overseas from feasibility estimates, through procurement to construction. You will be able to demonstrate a broad range of commercial experience gained in the property sector and be able to work on your own initiative within multi-disciplinary teams.
Your wide experience in providing commercial construction services to the property industry will help us to continue to deliver a premium service to our clients, help maintain successful client relationships and secure new business in this sector.
- Developing and maintaining our reputation through developing business opportunities.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, acting as primary interface to help build client confidence.
- Act as the commercial lead including reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project within our portfolio.
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements.
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations.
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (or equivalent).
- Hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Extensive experience in preparing estimates for property related developments.
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation.
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients at senior level.
- Good communication skills with ability to prepare and edit written reports.
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues.
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues.
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient post-contract administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in the private sector.
- Experience of infrastructure works would also be beneficial.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software e.g. Cost-X.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- Full driving licence (desirable).
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from our wider international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis ?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
I'm proud of the impact my work has had. It optimizes the delivery of projects. Some of our projects are pivotal in improving quality of life and providing sustainable solutions for pressing
How did you get interested in water and coastal issues? I have been interested in water and coastal issues ever since I was a child. I grew up along the Puget Sound in Washington State and have experi
I'm David Pyatt, Practice Director in Project Controls at Complex Infrastructure. I've worked at Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, for over 13 years. I tell a lot of people this, but
According to a report published by the Project Management Institute, 2.3 million people will be needed each year to fill all of the project management-oriented positions expected to open by 203