Team Lead (Civil/Structures)
Team Lead (Civil/Structures)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
AtkinsRéalis is currently seeking a Civil/Structural Team Lead to join the team based in our Dublin, Dundalk, Cork or Galway office.
AtkinsRéalis is world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy. In industries ranging from healthcare and civil infrastructure to energy, housing and resilience, Atkins provides data-driven expertise on projects, making the lived environment better and sustainable.
We have an opportunity for an experienced civil/structural engineer who has developed and managed a civil/structural consultancy team before. The individual must be technically competent, project focused, organised and passionate about engineering. The candidate would be a Chartered Engineer, with experience of all stages of the project life cycle. You will have the opportunity to lead the design of projects of varying size and complexity, across multiple sectors. The Civil/Structural team lead will be a senior member of the Atkins Ireland Transportation team who will provide technical oversight of projects in Ireland, through directly working on projects or mentoring staff in project delivery roles.
- Civil/Structural engineering technical leadership of projects in Ireland.
- Growing and developing a team of civil/structural engineers.
- Acting as Civil/Structural lead on projects.
- Ability to interface with other engineering disciplines on complex multi-d projects.
- Ensuring design is defined and delivered in accordance with appropriate guidance, standards and client requirements.
- Inputting to technical/quality proposals for new commissions.
- Implementing a robust quality management system.
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- An ability to ensure safe-by-design is at the core of the design and delivery process.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in own and team performance.
- Minimum 12 years’ of postgraduate experience, primarily in a consultancy environment.
- Cross-sector civil/structural engineering experience.
- Experience of delivering projects to BIM Level 2 equivalent.
- An awareness of developing technologies and best practice in the industry.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Full driving licence.
At AtkinsRéalis we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab