Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC-Lavalin’s Major Projects division is in search of a Telecommunications Engineer to join a transformative transit infrastructure project in Toronto. The Telecommunications Engineer role will be part of a high-performing project team that is dedicated to delivering this complex undertaking through collaboration and a best-for-project vision.
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision. SNC-Lavalin is truly a global expert in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Carry out overhead utility design for telecom attachments.
- Perform pole line analysis using SpidaCalc, and QuickPole.
- Excellent knowledge of CSA 22.3, USF Standard, Ontario Regulations 22/04.
- Coach junior designers.
- Review and stamp designs.
- Ensure plans and specifications meet client’s standards.
- Act as resource person for the design teams.
- In the event of problems, ensure that modifications are made to the outdoor network.
- Collaborate and work with inspectors on field surveys to prepare and modify network design plans and to document technical information packages.
- Identify any problems that could hinder the realization of the project and share with the team (inspector, engineers, manager).
- Perform any other similar or general task related to the position.
What will you contribute?
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the PEO.
- Experience in pole line engineering.
- 3 plus years’ experience as a team manager with a group of designers working on different sites.
- 3 plus years’ experience, mainly related to the telecommunications field, more specifically in optical fiber networks.
- Experience with AutoCad, SpidaCalc, QuickPole, NetworkX and BlueBeam.
- Experience with Hydro One pole line engineering (asset).
- Ease of communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Ease of communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, in French (asset).
- Demonstrate a client-contact approach.
- Knowledge of plans and specifications reading.
- Valid driver’s license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy great compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Latest Articles
How did you get interested in water and coastal issues? I have been interested in water and coastal issues ever since I was a child. I grew up along the Puget Sound in Washington State and have experi
Operations Manager, Victoria Al Khoury works in Qatar for our Operations & Maintenance business. She started out her career in Dubai as an electrical site engineer, and after few years, when her
Domiciled in the premier hospitality and leisure hub of Qetaifan Island North (QIN), Doha, Qatar, Aquatar is a world-class fully themed waterpark and the island’s main attraction. Conceptualized on th
Let’s connect, our first alumni meet received overwhelming participation and tremendous positive response from our alumni network, which has over 900 active members on LinkedIn. Hosted virtually in Ma