Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins has an opportunity for a Transport Planner with 4+ years’ experience, to join our Transportation Planning team. The candidate will play a role in the delivery of an ever-expanding project portfolio across a range of major public and private clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team providing services at the forefront of environmental sustainability and the delivery of Ireland's Climate Action Plan.
Atkins offers excellent career prospects as part of a multidisciplinary consultancy business both in Ireland and internationally. We are Engineer’s Ireland CPD Employer of the Year and this role comes with significant benefits in terms of technical development and progression towards Chartership. Our engineers are the best in the business, and we provide an ideal learning environment that incorporates the following:
- Bi-annual Professional Development Review.
- 25 days annual leave.
- 2 Volunteers Days per annum at full pay.
- Up to 20 days working from abroad per annum.
- Senior Mentorship Program.
- In house CPD sessions.
- Learning & Development Committee.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing team.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity.
- Social Club.
Duties will include:
- A client facing role in the delivery of a broad range of projects including active travel, public transport, greenways and large-scale development sites.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Delivery of schemes from feasibility through planning stages.
- Delivery of projects with public and private sector clients.
Key Experience & Skills:
- High quality report writing skills and verbal communicator in English.
- Experience of transport planning in Ireland including relevant policy and delivery of ABTAs or similar Local Transport Plans.
- Client, stakeholder, and public consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to use initiative and have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Working towards relevant chartership status.
- Transport modelling; working knowledge of Linsig, Junctions 9 and / or microsimulation.
- Working knowledge of the application of GIS.
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance including DMURS and National Cycle Manual.
- Ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
A career in transportation offers a fulfilling path where you can connect people, places, and goods all around the world. Our Transportation teams at AtkinsRéalis are working hard to build sys
What is sustainable transportation? Sustainable transportation is modes of travelling that have minimal impact on the environment, economy, and society. This looks like transport that produces
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
In an ever-evolving job landscape, leveraging your skills and experience within the right market can shape the trajectory of your career. When you find the right fit for you, you’ll be in a gre