Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Come join us in reshaping the future with SNC Lavalin. SNC Lavalin is dedicated in engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
The Vehicle Technician carries out comprehensive maintenance, fault diagnosis, recovery and repair service to Canada line trains and vehicle department equipment, ensuring that the trains operate in a safe reliable and efficient manner. The Vehicle Technician maintains trains and related support equipment in accordance with procedures, engineering drawings and specifications, and is proficient in the operation and maintenance of shop equipment associated with train maintenance.
This role is based in Richmond, BC.
Safety critical position - This position is safety critical. Fitness for duty is a requirement of the position.
Your role within the team
- Follow written procedures, engineering drawings and instructions to implement the required maintenance, modification, overhaul and corrective maintenance requirements on trains and related support equipment as required or directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Vehicles Team Leader.
- Diagnose the cause of failures to train equipment and rectify them in an efficient manner following standard procedures and safety instructions; return trains to service as efficiently as possible.
- Assist with commissioning of new and existing trains or related systems and support systems ensuring high reliability and safety of equipment.
- Complete check sheets relating to all work completed on trains and complete all necessary documentation relating to certifying Canada Line vehicles as serviceable.
- Carry out Train movements to facilitate maintenance & fault finding.
- Carry out train rescue and or recovery as required.
- Participate in Total Productive Maintenance initiatives with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Engage in developing a full working knowledge of the train and operating systems, mechanical, electrical and electronic.
- Contribute to the delivery of safe, reliable required levels of vehicles in service as efficiently as possible.
- Carry out all activities with strict adherence to all relevant Safety Regulations, Departmental Instructions, Maintenance Procedures and Instructions.
- Well motivated and take a proactive approach to teamwork.
- Recommend a course of action in the event of an asset failure.
- Complete training for and operate the Wheel Lathe if required.
- Assume Hostler duties as required.
- Ensure that the Depot is maintained as a clean, healthy and safe working environment under the direction of the Vehicles Team Leader and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Direct and monitor the work of contractors employed within the Vehicles Department as required.
- Must maintain Certified Car Inspector qualifications.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Why choose SNC-Lavalin as an employer?
Because we offer:
- The opportunity to work on various major projects for internal and external clients.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive pay, flexible benefits, an employee share plan and a defined contribution pension plan.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The ideal candidate
- Graduation from a recognized Trades or Technology School relevant to qualifying as a Canada Line
- Vehicle Technician.
- Heavy Duty, Automotive Mechanic, Industrial Electrician, or Avionics Technician, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics Technologist or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience within a maintenance / workshop environment, experience with ALRT vehicles or in a heavy industrial environment.
- Must possess strong communication skills; ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be well motivated and have an aptitude for mechanical, electrical and electronic systems.
- A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- This position requires shift work (nights, weekends and holidays) for continuous operation based on 24/7 environment. Shifts will be awarded in accordance to the collective agreement shift bid process.
- Required to give clear and concise reports both written and orally.
- Take ownership of their Personal Development Plan.
- Valid class 5 BC driver’s license.
Are you up for this challenge? Apply today and join our team to help engineer a Better Future for our Planet and its People.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is to steer comp
In an ever-evolving job landscape, leveraging your skills and experience within the right market can shape the trajectory of your career. When you find the right fit for you, you’ll be in a gre
Hi, I’m Daniele, Railway Engineer at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. I was born and raised in Milan, where I pursued my studies in mechanical engineering with a focus on mechanical design a
How did you get interested in water and coastal issues? I have been interested in water and coastal issues ever since I was a child. I grew up along the Puget Sound in Washington State and have experi