Southampton - Apprenticeship Programme 2024
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Transform our urban legacy
Do you have a desire to make a difference in the world?
Are you ready to be part of a world-leading, inspiring and ambitious team? We’re making some exciting changes to our company brands and uniting SNC-Lavalin, Atkins, and Faithful+Gould to become AtkinsRéalis. Aligned to this we’re introducing a brand new look.
This is a journey, and it will take time to evolve, so for early careers you will still see us as Atkins for the time being. Please be reassured that this doesn’t impact any of the roles you apply for – we’re still us, just better.
Atkins, operating under AtkinsRéalis is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design, engineering and project management expertise. With us, you’ll join a team that asks questions and dares to see things differently while engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
Join our Apprenticeship Programme to be a part of the future of design and engineering.
While you develop in your apprenticeship, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring. Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’.
What you’ll be studying:
Based in our Southampton office, we have an opportunity for a Building Surveyor apprenticeship for our Faithful+Gould business.
Level 6 Degree Apprenticeships:
Building Surveyor (Chartered Surveyor route) (Closed - currently not accepting applications)
To learn more about this apprenticeship please review the Standard by clicking here. To review the academic requirements for this learning provider click here. If you’d like to find out more about our Faithful+Gould business, please click here. Further information about this business area will also be discussed with you during your interview and you’ll have a chance to ask questions.
All entry requirements are subject to change but as accurate as possible at the time of advertising. Where details are not available from the Learning Provider currently, we refer you to the Standard.
Your apprenticeship in a bit more detail:
Our apprenticeships are designed to give you an insight into a wide variety of areas of work and the chance to explore where your skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety, collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional qualification; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
You’ll also be supported by our leaders, technical specialists, your own dedicated mentor and our continuous learning and development framework.
Not only will you gain valuable 'on the job' experience and work towards professional qualifications but you'll also earn a meaningful salary from day one. We’re proud to be paying Real Living Wage for our Level 6 Apprenticeships.
You'll be making a sustainable difference in people's lives, shaping cities, reimagining transport and transforming nuclear energy. And with the opportunity to work across Cities & Development, Nuclear & Power, Transportation, Water or Environment, you'll decide where you want your career to go.
Here’s what your role as an apprentice will involve:
- Developing your skills in a wide range of exciting projects
- Learning and using relevant design software
- Being involved in client meetings and assisting in building key client relationships
- You’ll get to understand and learn digital skills, to help us harness technology in new ways
- Your mentors will support you as you study towards nationally recognised qualifications and accreditation
- You’ll have dedicated time to spend at college or university to focus on your studies
What you can bring:
To thrive throughout your apprenticeship and shape the best start to your career you’ll want to show us:
- An interest for working in a consultancy environment
- That you embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete your apprenticeship programme and seek out development opportunities
- You’re motivated to achieve a professional qualification and continue learning
- You’re comfortable to embrace digital ways of working and learning new technologies.
Meeting your needs:
As well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives to support you:
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Two paid annual volunteer days
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to various companywide development programmes
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Life #InsideAtkins - join hundreds of talented apprentices, with opportunities from skill-building to social events, charity challenges, social clubs, and more.
To view all available benefits, visit our Total Rewards portal.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply" below to start your application journey.
You can also check out our Connectr platform for tips and advice on applying. On Connectr you can even message your questions directly to one of our apprentice mentors.
We’re a Disability Confident Employer, and can make adjustments to support you to perform at your best during the recruitment process. Please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can support you.
Our deadline for applications is Tuesday 20th February 2024. Our programmes are incredibly popular, so apply early as some roles may close sooner.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy. From designing end-to-end project solutions to pioneering new technologies and ways of working, everything we do supports our goal of delivering outstanding project outcomes for our clients, while engineering a better future for our planet and its people – no matter the scale, complexity or location of their project. Learn more.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins are an A rated sponsor, if you have any queries regarding sponsorship, please visit our International Student careers page.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.