It has come to our attention that the AtkinsRéalis name is being used in recruitment scams. Recruitment scams are increasingly being carried out online through false job advertisements, job websites, or through unsolicited emails, pretending to be from a legitimate company such as AtkinsRéalis .
Individuals are being sent offer letters via email, supposedly from a AtkinsRéalis employee. We understand that the individuals have been sent application forms which ask for personal details (including passport and bank details). We are also aware that there have been job advertisements placed on recruitment websites advertising fictitious jobs at AtkinsRéalis . The advertisements ask prospective applicants to contact an email address if they wish to apply for the job. Please be advised that these emails/advertisements are not connected with AtkinsRéalis in any way.
If you receive any communication from an email address that does not end in “@snclavalin.com”, "@snclgroup.com", "@atkinsglobal.com", or "fgould.com", you should disregard the email and alert our Integrity group via the Integrity Hotline so appropriate action can be taken.
If possible, please send us the scam email as an attachment to your email, rather than simply forwarding it to us, in order to assist our investigations.
What are signs of recruitment fraud?
- Genuine AtkinsRéalis group emails end in "@snclavalin.com", "@snclgroup.com","@atkinsglobal.com", or "fgould.com." Any emails using a different domain are not authentic. Fraudulent emails will often be sent from free email providers (Outlook, Gmail etc.) or use a domain name that is similar to the company that they are pretending to represent. Examples of email domains used in frauds: @gmail.com; @snclevalin.com; @snclavalin-careers.com; @consultant.com; @engineer.com; @presidency.com (etc.)
- Communications and documents have spelling and grammatical errors and are generally poorly formatted.
- The employment offer is for an international position.
- Scammers ask for sensitive personal information for security clearance or immigration purposes before or during the interview.
- Receiving an offer letter without completing an in-person interview or receiving a call formally offering you a position.
- Scammers ask for money (e.g. for visa fees, immigration documents, a percentage of travel expenses) and request personal information such as passport and bank account details.
How to protect yourself against recruitment scammers?
- Please note all legitimate open positions with AtkinsRéalis can be found on our careers website.
- AtkinsRéalis would always conduct a personal interview with you prior to any offers of employment being extended. If you did not go through this process, please be on alert for fraudulent activity.
- AtkinsRéalis NEVER request payments of any kind in order for applicants to secure a job. If you are asked for an kind of payment to secure a job, it should be assumed that the individual/organization is not providing a genuine offer.
- Report any suspicious emails or job advertisements to AtkinsRéalis by emailing email@example.com and sending us the suspicious email as an attachment. We can confirm whether the job is genuine and we will then investigate the email further.
- Save the suspicious email for further investigation.
- Contact your local police and provide them with all of the information that you have such as the scam email, any documents that were attached to the emails, and all correspondence that you have.
- Do not send money, even if you are told that this money will be refunded to you at a later date. AtkinsRéalis never asks for money or, to make any sort of payment during the job recruitment process.
- Do not reply to unsolicited emails offering job opportunities.
- Do not disclose any personal or financial information such as bank details, credit/debit card details, immigration status or your address.
The AtkinsRéalis Group is taking this matter very seriously. By publishing this information and investigating the reports that we receive, we aim to prevent scammers from carrying out this activity and to protect individuals from becoming a victim of these scams.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are in any doubt about whether a career opportunity at AtkinsRéalis is genuine.