Chief Highway Engineer
Chief Highway Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
This position is responsible for the specialized planning and delivery of highway facility rehabilitation programs and related implementation projects associated with highway asset management and useful life performance optimization. It is the “expert highway facility engineering” focus for the organization.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Direct the inspection of all road, structural, drainage asset components of the highway facility.
- Coordinate the preparation and recording of highway facility asset condition data records for all structural, pavement and drainage system inspections.
- Direct the detailed asset inspections in compliance with credentialized engineering specialization.
- Analyze and report annually on the performance condition of the highway facilities for compliance with all OMR standards.
- Develop the annual and multi-year road and bridge rehabilitation and preventative maintenance programs, and related cost and resource implications.
- Conduct extensive quality and quantity inspections on infrastructure assets and assist in the long range planning for maintenance and rehabilitation programs.
- Conduct annual KPI assessment of detailed inspection programs of key major assets and reporting through the asset management systems for pavements, bridges, drainage and control structures.
- Assist in the development of annual preventative maintenance programs and train District patrol staff and specialty crews on managing highway facility assets and implementation of related preventative field delivery procedures.
- Analyze the performance and effectiveness of all components of the annual facilities rehabilitation plans and projects.
- Prepare annual program contracts and control the implementation of Preventative Maintenance Programs for Bridges and Pavements; Pavement Markings; Pavement Patching; Electrical Systems; Materials and Supplies; Equipment and External Services.
- Assist in project tender preparation and supervise/control work of subcontractors.
- Develop and implement highway facility asset management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of all highway materials incorporated into the facility.
- Act as the OMR Manager in his/her absence.
What will you contribute?
- Licensed Professional Engineer registered in the Province of New Brunswick
- 7-10 years’ experience in highways and related rehabilitation projects.
- Knowledgeable on highway construction specifications and project negotiations.
- Experience in preparing rehabilitation plans of assets such as bridges, roadways and drainage structures.
- Demonstrates strong management and leadership skills with solid decision-making, problem-solving skills.
- Technically and analytically strong.
- Ability to interact and establish working relationships with government agencies, external customers, construction industry official and suppliers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal when dealing with staff, the public/media etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Latest Articles
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is to steer comp
In an ever-evolving job landscape, leveraging your skills and experience within the right market can shape the trajectory of your career. When you find the right fit for you, you’ll be in a gre
Hi, I’m Daniele, Railway Engineer at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. I was born and raised in Milan, where I pursued my studies in mechanical engineering with a focus on mechanical design a