Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market.
Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide engineering design and modifications for all safety or non-safety related civil/structural systems for both Bruce A and Bruce B stations following BP procedures (e.g., BP-PRO-00539, etc.);
- Support BP life extension program;
- Support BP routine operation/maintenance services based on the request;
- Support BP planned or unplanned outages; and
- Provide necessary engineering field services and supports during construction and installation, procurement, commissioning, AFS, closeout, etc.
- Perform engineering work following SNC-Lavalin/Candu Energy QA programs, and applicable codes, standards, and regulation requirements;
- Coordinate and interface with client, suppliers, stakeholders and other design disciplines or department to execute assigned engineering work;
- Involve conceptual, preliminary and/or detailed design of structural systems involving steel, reinforcing concrete, or masonry elements;
- Perform structural and seismic analysis including both static and dynamic analysis, and produce analysis report;
- Learn and prepare engineering computations and analyses using applicable software program (e.g., STAAD.Pro, ETABS, SAP, ANSYS, ACS-SASSI, etc.);
- Prepare Design Change Package (DCP) and Design Change Notice (DCN) packages following BP procedures;
- Prepare technical documents, such as: engineering drawings, change paper markups, calculations, design/analysis reports, design requirements, design guides, bill of materials, technical specifications, etc.;
- Prepare requisitions or Engineering Quotation Requests (EQR) for bulk materials to support procurement;
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to Designers/Drafters if required;
- Perform field walkdowns during different design phases as required;
- Assist field construction and execution activities, such as: field changes, design revisions, lifting plan, scaffolding design, commissioning, AFS, closeout, etc.; and
- Complete the assigned scopes or tasks within given budget and schedule, and in good quality.
What will you contribute?
- Engineering Degree in civil/structural from an accredited university or equivalent degree as recognized by Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO);
- Eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario;
- 1 - 3 years of related work experience in civil engineering within a heavy industrial environment, such as: mining, oil & gas, power, etc.;
- Basic knowledge of CANDU nuclear structures, systems and equipment is preferable;
- Good knowledge of the underlying engineering principles and practices are required;
- Working knowledge of National Building Code, and applicable CSA standards, other applicable industrial standards or regulations;
- Design engineering experience in civil/structural design, and seismic qualification for Nuclear Power Plants (especially Bruce Power) is an asset;
- Experience in Stress Analysis using STAAD.Pro, ETABS, SAP, ANSYS, ACS-SASSI or other similar software applications is an asset;
- Understanding of or experience with BP risk based Engineering Change Control (ECC) modification process is an asset;
- Shall have fundamental technical knowledge to resolve engineering issues or technical problems;
- Shall have excellent communication and technical writing skills;
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with client’s counterparts;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Site construction experience for nuclear or other heavy industries would be an asset; and
- Willing to become a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW).
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
If you're anything like Senior EC&I Engineer Alessandro Del Brenna, being constantly inspired and challenged is something you crave at work. He said, "Working at Atkins, a member of the SNC-La
Building careers and cultivating talents: a look into Atkins Nuclear & Power. Hi! My name is Laura Barlow, and I'm an Assistant Engineer at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. I joine