Civil Land Development Intern - Summer 2023
Civil Land Development Intern - Summer 2023
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins is seeking a Civil Land Development Intern to join our Melbourne, FL office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
The Atkins Internship Program is designed for college students pursuing a degree in a STEM field and provides opportunities to learn what it’s like to work in a professional environment and apply what’s learned in class to the real-world challenges we face every day.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Gathers, logs and summarizes field notes or other data to be used by technicians or professionals in technical studies or projects.
- Establishes and maintains records or files of technical fata or documents.
- Performs mathematical calculations
- Performs various routine drafting and CAD assignments.
- Assists in the preparation of graphic displays and presentation materials.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
What will you contribute?
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school level courses in math, technical drafting, computer assisted drafting and/or science may be required. No experience is generally required with the applicable high school courses or equivalent training, or if accepted into an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program in a related technical field.
- Must be college senior working towards completing a civil engineering degree from an ABET accredited program by the start of the internship (May 2023).
- Math skills to perform simple calculations; willingness to learn.
- Basic computer skills required to enter data into spreadsheets or databases.
- Experience with AutoCAD (preferred)
- ASCE Student Membership preferred
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher