Project Controls Manager (Infrastructure)
Project Controls Manager (Infrastructure)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Welcome to AtkinsRéalis, Project and Programme Services.
You might know us for the prestigious construction work we deliver around the world. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, skills and knowledge. Working in our flat, collaborative environment, you'll lead professionals who enjoy supporting each other to make the most of our talents and expertise.
AtkinsRéalis is a great place to be when it comes to work-life balance. Ask us how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. Valuing each other equally is central to our culture. Some of our recent pledges have been for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.'
Project controls manager:
When you join us as a Project Controls Manager, you'll share our reputation for high-quality work and always doing what's right. Your workload will be diverse and exciting. You'll support project teams on niche and high-profile schemes across the infrastructure sector, from evaluating project time, cost and quality targets to leading communication and monitoring project governance control for successful delivery.
- Establish and manage the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) and lead the Project Control deliverable to collate monthly KPI & progress data related to time, cost, risk and quality for the purposes of monthly business reporting.
- Accountable for delivering the project requirements around earned value management by setting the PMB or implementing amendments to the current PMB, agreeing on the progress methodology and timely submission of project actuals with the contractor and spearheading the production of EV reports for monthly business reviews.
- Work closely with the Head of Project Controls to improve/sustain operating policies, procedures & processes, and ensure its proper application by the Project Controls team when conducting risk, planning and cost management activities.
- Lead the execution of the change management process on the project as mandated by governance. Chair and/or facilitate the necessary project level change forums, escalate change papers that require additional approvals and ensure all decisions are enacted within the change control system and toolsets.
- Support the Project Lead /Head of Programme by providing specialist advice and technical knowledge to resolve delays, issues, and other challenges throughout the project.
- Integration of schedule, cost, quality, and risk to drive expedient project delivery.
- Lead programme/project reporting, taking ownership for its quality, accuracy and robustness, and ensure the monthly project review pack is compiled and presented to the Project lead and other senior stakeholders.
- Provide interpretation of the data in the monthly reporting to support prompt decision making.
- Co-ordinate multiple contributors to conduct change impact assessments and support Programme Management team in driving agreement on ‘best for Programme’ decisions.
- As a leader, you will set individuals' objectives, review performance, undertake appraisals, provide ongoing formal and informal feedback, and ensure all staff know what they must achieve and how they're performing against their objectives.
- Undertake self-assessment of procedural compliance, sharing lessons learned and best-practice within the Project Controls community.
- Support Head of Project Controls in preparation for and, or attendance at meetings to deliver market and strategy insights to client's senior commercial teams.
What you bring:
- Experience in a Project Management or Project Controls role within large, complex infrastructure or construction projects, preferably with a formal professional Project Management qualification.
- Proficient in EVM processes and their application on construction projects and possess a strong aptitude to lead schedule, cost, risk, change management activities, and reporting.
- Knowledge of transport, major infrastructure or construction projects (under NEC Forms of Contract), specifically surrounding client and consultation.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and information flow in a matrix environment, possessing a strong aptitude toward working horizontally across business areas and vertically to senior levels of management, providing specialist advice as required.
- Experience leading and motivating a team within a large-scale project environment.
- Consistent attention to detail with the ability to solve complex problems and mitigate risks.
- Knowledge of public sector policies, processes and procedures and associated political impacts.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/.
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis is a leading international consultancy with over 100 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Hello, I’m Emily Hoyes, a Building Surveyor at AtkinsRéalis. My determination to pursue a career in construction and engineering was solidified after completing an industrial placement at what
Content typeVideos and Podcasts
Meet Luke Brown, Associate Director at AtkinsRéalis in the UK. He spent six years with us between 2015 and 2021 when he opted to experience life with an SME. He shares what brought him home to
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher