Resident Engineer (Bridges)
Resident Engineer (Bridges)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Resident Engineer for the Northwest Region/Galway. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in bridge rehabilitation and maintenance. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a site supervision team. The role will involve site-based supervision, administration, monitoring, and inspection of construction activities associated with a bridge maintenance contract throughout the Northwest Region.
Job summary and desirable skills / attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience post-graduate experience of fulfilling a Resident Engineer role on projects involving the construction, repair, rehabilitation and strengthening of relevant masonry, concrete and steel structures.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts an advantage.
- Report to the Project Manager and Technical Director.
- Experience in supervising repairs to expansion joints, pavements, parapets, safety barriers as well as masonry and concrete works.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting on Contractor’s progress.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of current H&S regulations and best practices.
- Full driving licence and a valid SafePass.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an