Senior Cost Engineer F+G
Senior Cost Engineer F+G
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Senior Cost Engineer F+G
Why join us? Our Houston team is growing! The region is seeing a massive growth in the new energies and technologies, and we are part of an overall partnership to build a better future for all.
A fantastic opportunity now exists to provide your expert services on world class projects and to join a career enhancing project controls environment. You will be inspired and empowered to help us shape, create and deliver dynamic, innovative client-focused solutions redefining the benchmark for excellence. As a key member of our team, we will embolden you with a dynamic proactive environment, where we encourage individual skills, and promote integration of collaboration and inclusion to support sustainable long-term success.
Faithful+Gould are recruiting both Intermediate and Senior Cost Engineer’s to join us and support our client’s focused energy teams. The current role offers a unique opportunity to directly support our client’s Project Services function in all aspects of Cost Management where you will support a diverse portfolio of investment delivery projects from initial conception through to final close out. For this role we are seeking solutions focused, intuitive proactive individuals with ability to work under their own direction, meet strict deadlines and to collaborate with stakeholders to deliver high quality work on a consistent basis within a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position with a hybrid work schedule in place and comes with a salary range between $110k-$160k per annum dependent on experience.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in integrated project and program management consulting. We provide expert and professional management consulting services on a wide range of interesting and iconic projects with many high-profile clients across key business sectors and industries that include several Fortune 100 companies and notable Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by Engineering News Record (ENR). Faithful+Gould was established in the U.K. in 1947, with its first USA office opening in 1992. We embody Constructive Expertise – It’s in our DNA!
Our clients include the world’s leading international New Energy companies operating in more than 80 countries providing customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, retail services and petrochemicals products for everyday items. Located at a future New Energy hub in Houston, opportunities exist to join our client’s team and be part of their energy transition towards net zero emissions through the development of low carbon hydrogen production and carbon capture technologies in support of greenhouse gas emission reduction and de-carbonization.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Support stage gate estimate development and budget sanction documentation through the provision of relevant project cost data and projected staffing requirements.
- Perform all budget system setup requirements utilizing agreed Cost or Work Breakdown Structures to assign and control costs in accordance with agreed execution strategies.
- Manage all project costs against sanctioned budgets and agreed baselines throughout each stage of the project reporting baseline deviations in a timely manner.
- Closely monitor cost performance against key performance indicators using systems such as Earned Value for productivity, trending and early warning identification.
- Execute all project cost transactional requirements including Purchase Order creation, invoice settlement, shared cost contributions and finance related ledger reconciliations.
- Lead month end process for all cost-based deliverables including Accrual determination and validation, Time-phased Forecast development and variance identification and mitigation.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis to maintain consistent flow of data overseeing integrity and accuracy of information at all times
- Identify, analyze, and respond to costs associated with project opportunities, risks, and
- Responsible for all project Change Request documentation and contingency determination in accordance with established Change Management processes and procedures.
- Undertake all project cost related reporting requirements for project stakeholders and
- senior leadership including Summary and Detailed Cost Reports, Change Logs, Performance measurement and Contingency Utilization.
- Support Cost and Schedule integration to incorporate schedule related data into execution of cost management scopes of work providing single source of truth.
- Assist in project close out activities and cost benchmarking tasks through the provision of historical cost data to third party auditors.
- Support continuous improvement scopes of work and have a direct and profound effect on a data-driven organization.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, or 8 years of relevant construction experience, or alternatively 8+ years proven experience directly in Cost Management.
- Experience with Ecosys or SAP is preferred with good understanding of P6 software. Must be articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and good decision-making abilities. Must have good communication skills.
- Finance and or accounting experience preferred
- Must generally understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Cost Management systems.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
- Opportunity to work on projects of various sizes and levels of complexity for globally renowned clients.
- Strong team of expert, professional peers to mentor and grow with.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays.
- Group Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
At every stage, we have the right support and training to help you learn and acquire what you need to succeed. We seek results-oriented problem solvers, creative thinkers, and performance-driven professionals who are ready to work on exciting projects and rewarding opportunities as a part of their exceptional career.
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould’s Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Hello, I’m Emily Hoyes, a Building Surveyor at AtkinsRéalis. My determination to pursue a career in construction and engineering was solidified after completing an industrial placement at what
Content typeVideos and Podcasts
Meet Luke Brown, Associate Director at AtkinsRéalis in the UK. He spent six years with us between 2015 and 2021 when he opted to experience life with an SME. He shares what brought him home to
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher