Senior Cyber Security Consultant - Defence
Senior Cyber Security Consultant - Defence
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading design, engineering, and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. Protecting the security of our home and of our citizens abroad is one of government’s highest priorities Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
There is an increasing demand in the projects we are undertaking for Information Assurance and Security Consultants, we are looking to grow our team in order to meet this. The role will suit a recently qualified professional who is looking to take their career to the next level and provide real benefit to clients that make use of cutting-edge technology. In return, we offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment with a competitive reward package.
Based out of our AtkinsRéalis' offices in Bristol, (although hybrid working allows us to be flexible in your location), projects are likely to involve working on client sites in the locality of our offices, but with some travel requiring overnight stays.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and conscientious individual who has the relevant Information Assurance and Security qualifications. You will work on a range of client facing projects, large and small, but will also be expected to contribute to winning new business and managing delivery. To be successful in this role you need to have the ability to work on multiple projects and with many stakeholders concurrently.
Your key responsibilities will encompass the following -
- Provide Cyber Security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments.
- Be able to apply technical security knowledge, with creative and innovative thinking in a broad range of complex and non-routine contexts.
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements.
- Use knowledge of Defence security policy and process to enable successful security outcomes of managed systems.
- Conduct and manage security assurance activities of Defence systems, ensuring compliance with Defence, corporate or regulatory requirements and secure use in operational environments.
- Perform Cyber Security risk assessments, determining the most cost-effective deployment of security controls and solutions in line with business risk appetite, protecting information assets from loss misuse, leakage, or corruption.
- Create, update or review security related artefacts and policies, such as RMADS, Security Cases, Security Aspects Letters, SyOPs etc.
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services we deliver.
What you can bring?
- Experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in multi-disciplined environments.
- Experience of Information Assurance, including risk assessments, risk management and the deployment of appropriate controls.
- An excellent communicator, verbal (active listener) and written (able to write concisely).
- Ability to articulate and pitch Cyber Security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities.
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- A wide awareness of Cyber Security across Government and Industry to include HMG Information, Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and MoD JSPs such as JSP440, JSP604 (plus other standard MoD IA methods).
- Experience with IT Computer Systems and interconnecting systems and networks.
- Certifications such as ISO27000, NIST Cyber Security Professional, CISMP etc.
- Flexibility over UK, and potentially overseas travel.
- Certified Information Security Manager Principles (CISMP) or equivalent.
- Associate/Full Membership of recognised security professional body such as the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP), IS2, BCS.
- Understanding of ‘Secure by Design’ methodology and NIST 800-37 Risk Management Framework.
- A keen interest in the latest technology with a focus on security technologies.
- Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients.
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills.
- Experience within programme and project environments.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis, is a top global consultancy with over 100 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
AtkinsRéalis, is where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK #LI-ATKINS | #AEDC
Our Latest Articles
Computing science taught in schools today must be broadened, and must start being taught much sooner, if we have any chance of closing the cyber skills gap, says former teacher and AtkinsRéali
The demand for cyber security professionals is continually increasing, yet the cyber skills shortage and gap persist. It’s time to boost the diversity of cyber skills in the UK by thinking out
Today, AtkinsRéalis, celebrates the leadership and dedication of one of our rising stars. Meet Junior Consultant Development Programme (JCDP) graduate Lottie Hayman. A champion of Equality, Di
Are you looking to make a direct difference to both individuals and nations? Well, there are few fields as dynamic and rewarding as defence. At SNC-Lavalin, your expertise can contribute to the safet