Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to be based in our one of offices in Ireland Dublin office to take the lead in delivery of Electrical Engineering design elements of building and site development projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team. Our current workload includes Infrastructure, industrial, commercial, pharmaceutical, airport, education, healthcare, service station, leisure centre/swimming pool, hotels, public housing, & public lighting etc. for both public and private clients.
The candidate shall have experience in the design, specification and oversight of on-site installation of: Medium & Low Voltages infrastructure, LV switchgears and cabling, UPS systems, Generator power management. Vertical Transport, Public and Street Lighting infrastructure, lighting / emergency lighting, fire alarm, security system, BMS systems, information and communication technology, containment, (i.e., telephones, intercoms, data cables and wireless internet connection), lightning protection. The ideal candidate should have experience in sustainable design and using Dialux, Lighting Reality, Amtech design software.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Lead Electrical Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Ensuring project design and installation meet safety and current standards and regulations (Ancillary Certificate of Compliance of Contractor with Building Regulations and relevant Codes, and Design Construction Risk Assessment and NZEB).
- Design input and overseeing the delivery of all Electrical aspects of projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Particular Specification, Form of Tender, etc for Planning, Tender & Construction Stages).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design contracts with public and private clients.
- Business Development and Communication with internal and external parties via email and meetings.
- Review of design drawings and documentation prior to issue.
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals.
- Fulfilling the duties of Designer as defined under the SHWW(C) Regulations.
Desirable skills/attributes -
- Chartered Engineer (An ideal).
- Membership in any Engineering Professional Body.
- Aviation experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in staff management and Client facing.
- Experience in Financial management of design budgets.
- Experience in fulfilling the Ancillary Certifier function on projects.
- Good listener and Communicator.
- Experience in delivery of Electrical Engineering Design.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
- Understanding of use of BIM processes, AutoCAD and Revit.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine