Senior Technical Manager East - Water Infrastructure
Senior Technical Manager East - Water Infrastructure
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Senior Technical Manager East -Water Infrastructure
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Senior Technical Manager East - Water Infrastructure is an integral part of our Water Infrastructure Team. This position is based out of one of our offices in Orlando or Miami, FL, Atlanta, GA, Calverton, MD or Alexandria, VA.
Atkins continues to build a successful water and wastewater portfolio and is seeking a Senior Operational and Maintenance Consultant to augment our team.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy. Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join one of our various offices as a Water/Wastewater Senior Technical Manager.
The selected candidate will work with local Business Unit and Business Development leadership to increase Atkins public business presence in the Georgia market. As a seller/doer the selected candidate will lead a variety of water/wastewater projects, lead or assist in the pursuit of clients and projects and participate in the development of business strategy. This individual must be competent in performing engineering design work and have a broad knowledge of local design criteria.
The selected candidate will have demonstrated success in managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects and have strong leadership and people/client skills. Candidate will be expected to prepare proposals, market existing and potential clients, and help represent Atkins in the community.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide industry-leading knowledge and prominence to Atkins business’ projects and initiatives.
- Support clients to formulate innovative solutions to drive project success.
- Provide QA/QC functions and expert advice for complex projects.
- Identify and support business development activities and proposal development.
- Serve as project manager for multiple projects. Conducts contract negotiations with clients and sub-consultants.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers, or drafters.
- Function as a project lead and mentor to project teams.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals, and deadlines.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and design reports and submits them for approval.
- Prepare project work plans, develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Monitor schedules, financial status of projects and quality control on projects.
- Direct project team compliance with contract terms, schedule, budget, and quality objectives.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- At least 12 years of technical experience preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including budget, schedule, and deliverable performance.
- Demonstrated experience working with Georgia cities, counties, or authorities.
- Experience with the following programs is preferred but not necessary: AutoCAD 3D, BIM software (BIM 360, ProjectWise).
- P.E. license is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Upon acceptance of an offer, all candidates must go through a drug screen test and background check. Atkins is a federal contractor which mandates a satisfactory background screening report and drug test that supersedes state laws.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Why nuclear engineering at AtkinsRéalis? Our nuclear teams at AtkinsRéalis are making it possible for generations to experience the benefits of nuclear and you can too. We’re looking for the brighte
Hi, I'm Tenele Khoza, Assistant Maritime Engineer. After graduating in 2016 with a BSc. in Civil Engineering, I started working for a large South African maritime contractor. After two years,
Mohan Rajadurai | Principal Project Manager What is career mobility? Career mobility, also known as career advancement or career progression, refers to the ability and opportunities for individuals t