Assistant Engineer - Infrastructure Drainage
Assistant Engineer - Infrastructure Drainage
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
Atkins is the largest engineering and design consultancy in the UK, the largest multidisciplinary consultancy in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world. Our Water Operations team is one of the largest in the UK. Our clients include high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses. Due to expanding workload in the United Kingdom, APAC, US and the Middle East, we have an excellent career development opportunity for an enthusiastic Drainage /Civil engineer to join our Infrastructure Drainage and Utilities Group in our Global Technology Centre (GTC) in, India.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Experience of working in software’s like Microdrainage, Storm CAD, Civil 3D, SWMM, QGIS, Microstation. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel proficient.
- Experience of preliminary/detailed design drawings and calculations. Working on 3D models.
- Familiarity with UK/BS Codes of Practice.
- Ability to contribute to the project management of detailed design of projects.
- Ability to apply, promote and improve quality systems.
- Good analytical and communication.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
What will you contribute?
- Degree qualification within Civil Engineering and appropriate master’s degree.
- 4+ years of experience in Drainage design and related water/ Wastewater Industry.
- Experience of working in the water Industry; particularly storm water drainage, culverts, pond, ditch design, SUDS particularly highway drainage (strategic and local transport) , developments and track drainage for UK , US, Middle east.
- Working with Multi D teams.
- International divers regional experience.
- Working towards Charteredship.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
What does a drainage engineer do? Drainage engineers, also known as water resources engineers, are responsible for designing, managing, and maintaining systems that control and manage water fl
We aren't just engineers, environmental professionals, or consultants. We're pioneers, constantly innovating and pushing boundaries to tackle some of the world's most pressing challenges – esp
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
What is decarbonisation? Decarbonisation is about reducing or eliminating carbon dioxide emissions (CO2). In 2015, 196 parties signed the Paris Agreement, an international treaty on climate cha