Civil Project Manager
Civil Project Manager
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Why join us?
Are you stuck at a company with no real opportunity or variety as a project manager? We can help bring joy back into your career! AtkinsRéalis seeks a highly motivated self-starter to join our Melbourne or Orlando offices, Florida Civil Engineering Group as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager. Beside project management, our project managers also provide technical support for the civil engineering design; on projects that include site development, utility planning, infrastructure improvements, coastal and aviation projects and more. From assisting local government agencies to federal agencies and military bases located around the world, our office has helped deliver may successful and interesting projects. Our project locations offer the opportunity for travel throughout North America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. You will also work with other civil engineering groups and other technical disciplines in numerous AtkinsRéalis offices across the US.
So come join Atkins, where opportunities abound!
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. AtkinsRéalis has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. AtkinsRéalis has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinate and participate in contract negotiations with clients and subconsultants, and draft complex professional service agreements, arranging for their review and execution by senior management. Conduct Quality Control and Assurance Plan reviews of less complicated professional services agreements.
- Direct project team compliance with contract terms, monitor subcontractors' progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; participate in contract dispute resolution and litigation concerning project performance, administration and other liability issues; review and approve subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolve payment disputes.
- Develop, communicate and manage project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
- Monitor schedules, billings and reports; ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects; assist in obtaining payment from clients; resolve client disputes and adjust billing records as required; communicate project progress/status to senior management and alert them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
- Identify new business opportunities for the firm, coordinate and participate in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promote firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participate in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- Guide, review, supervise and/or coordinate the work of a multidisciplinary project team made up of widely diverse internal teams and subconsultants.
- Coordinate communications between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies. Maintain frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements and serve as an expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary.
- Supervise technical professionals and other design staff including managing weekly project workload and manpower forecasting.
- Monitor and report financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Ability to manage civil engineering projects consisting of construction plans, specifications, and/or design calculations.
- Experience with roadways, site design, sanitary sewers, water distribution systems, storm drain facilities, site grading, stormwater management, earthwork, ADA/PROWAG compliance, and/or pavement markings & signage.
- Conduct periodic site visits, responses to RFI’s, shop drawing review, and more.
- Ability and willingness to work on private, municipal, state and federal projects.
- Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary.
- The position also requires the ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions. Ability to work under the pressure of multiple projects and deadlines.
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D knowledge and understanding required.
- ProjectWise and Bluebeam knowledge and understanding is preferred.
- SharePoint and MS Project knowledge and understanding are a plus.
Education and Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- Project Manager: Minimum of 8 years of experience, with at least 2 years as a project manager.
- Senior Project Manager: Minimum of 10 years of experience, with at least 4 years as a project manager.
- Florida PE license (or ability to obtain within 6 months) is required.
What we offer at AtkinsRéalis:
At AtkinsRéalis, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
AtkinsRéalis is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review AtkinsRéalis Equal Opportunity Statement here:
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Upon acceptance of an offer, all candidates must go through a drug screen test and background check. AtkinsRéalis is a federal contractor which mandates a satisfactory background screening report and drug test that supersedes state laws.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, AtkinsRéalis family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Why nuclear engineering at AtkinsRéalis? Our nuclear teams at AtkinsRéalis are making it possible for generations to experience the benefits of nuclear and you can too. We’re looking for the brighte
Mohan Rajadurai | Principal Project Manager What is career mobility? Career mobility, also known as career advancement or career progression, refers to the ability and opportunities for individuals t
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th