Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, Georgia Project Controls Group as a Cost Estimator.
Provide project scheduling and cost estimating support to Project Managers to help meet contract schedules and budgets and/or assist in the research and review of data for construction claims analyses.
- Work involves research, coordination and analysis of information gathered from various sources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to use computer, printer, plotter to prepare accurate reports and supporting documentation. Familiarity with applicable software.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency
- 5+ years of direct cost estimating experience
- Experience with estimating both vertical (buildings) and horizontal (site, infrastructure) projects
- Software experience with Mii/MCaces, PACES, PC Cost, On-Screen Take-off required
- Experience with estimating domestic and international projects for US DOD projects preferred
- Experience with conceptual cost estimates development during planning charrettes/1391s
- Experience in developing detailed cost estimates at various stages of design
- Mechanical and Electrical estimating experience a plus
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
What is the future of the construction industry? As we enter the fifth industrial revolution, the construction industry's future is poised for a transformative shift, characterised by unpreced
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
I'm proud of the impact my work has had. It optimizes the delivery of projects. Some of our projects are pivotal in improving quality of life and providing sustainable solutions for pressing
Atkins is now in Mumbai and we are looking for talented professionals who want to learn, thrive, and grow their engineering careers with us. As one of the world’s most respected design, enginee