Design Engineer - OLE
Design Engineer - OLE
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services, WS Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Due to our continuing expansion, our Rail Solutions team now require Design Engineer – Railway Traction Power (OLE) to provide design expertise on multi-disciplinary UK projects from our Bangalore/India Office.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of Engineers / Consultants providing a professional design service to our clients, this is a great opportunity for Engineers to gain additional technical exposure within an internationally renowned consultant. The successful applicant will be provided with the opportunity of working on large scale multidisciplinary UK projects.
- Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering, qualified from a reputable University and technical bodies.
- Typically 5+ years for degree holders & 12+ years for diploma holders experience in designing railway OHE for main line, junction areas and yard layouts.
- Appreciation of layout design and its interface with cross section design.
- Typically 5+ years for degree holders & 12+ years for diploma holders experience in allocation of OHLE assemblies and components for cross section design from approved design ranges for OHLE structures, Bridges, and switching cross sections.
- Production of Bills of Quantity.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Application of and familiarity with railway standards.
- Basic knowledge of track profile and signalling requirements.
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office especially Excel, word, power point etc.
- Computer literacy and knowledge in drawing tools.
- Experience of OLE design on UK projects.
- Independently produce designs and allied documents as per standards and specifications.
- Coordinate with project managers / project engineers locally / overseas (UK) as required.
- Produce designs to prescribed timescales and quality.
- Ability to guide junior engineers and impart training & guidance to them as required.
Our Latest Articles
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is to steer comp
In an ever-evolving job landscape, leveraging your skills and experience within the right market can shape the trajectory of your career. When you find the right fit for you, you’ll be in a gre
Hi, I’m Daniele, Railway Engineer at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. I was born and raised in Milan, where I pursued my studies in mechanical engineering with a focus on mechanical design a
How did you get interested in water and coastal issues? I have been interested in water and coastal issues ever since I was a child. I grew up along the Puget Sound in Washington State and have experi