Design Engineer- Water/ Wastewater
Design Engineer- Water/ Wastewater
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins Ireland have an opportunity for a Design Engineer, with 7+ years’ experience in the water/wastewater sector, in one or more of the following disciplines – Civil, Process or MEICA – to join the Infrastructure Division. The candidate will assist in the design and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects for Irish Water and other clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with the design and delivery of water and wastewater schemes at various project stages from feasibility to detailed design, contract document preparation and construction administration.
- Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of project deliverables and contractual requirements.
- Report to and communicate with the Project Manager throughout project execution and take ownership of delegated task and duties.
- Support the Project Manager in the management and monitoring of project delivery within defined budget and programme requirements.
- Preparation of designs.
- Preparation of technical specifications and contract documents.
- Report writing.
- Experience in the design and delivery of water / wastewater schemes.
- Knowledge of different contract types (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works, Irish Water).
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations with regard to the design process.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a member of a team reporting to senior staff.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Member of, or eligible to join, Engineers Ireland.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible.
- Chartered Engineer, desirable.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an