Design Manager (Infrastructure)
Design Manager (Infrastructure)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Faithful+Gould are looking for a Design Manager (Infrastructure) with PMC background in KSA.
Working within the Saudi Arabia Leadership Team, the overall responsibilities and duties under this role are to manage, guide, recommend, advise and instruct the technical teams in executing their duties. Also, providing leadership and technical excellence to set up the required delivery tools, systems, processes, and procedures required to support various PMO’s & PMC’s under delivery in Saudi Arabia. The position will ensure, plan, coordinate and provide support & guidance to our technical delivery teams, while continuously improving organizational performance across the business.
Moreover, advisement on technical, design obstacles/limitations, constructability issues, design changes that align with the program requirements and the general program vision. Technical Discipline leads duties shall include:
• Offer strategic guidance on the establishment of Technical Design standards, and philosophy throughout the Kingdom.
• Planning and directing, collaborating and communicating with the relevant technical design and master planning consultants.
• Establish communication paths to resolve possible design issues, provide guidance and align with the project requirements.
• Control-monitor-provide-technical support on every design stage of programs.
• Control-monitor-provide technical support for construction issues and reassure compliance to project specifications and requirements.
• Guide designers, review concept designs and infrastructure designs against the program requirements, scope of work, specifications, guidelines during design phases and construction phases for all technical components of the program.
• Develop reports, possible alternative design considerations as needed.
• Proposals to the client regarding suitability, feasibility and constructability of the design, constraints, and solutions that align with the program vision, budget time and quality.
• • Implementation sustainability in terms of the project scope, function, schedule, cost, safety, and quality.
• Ensure compliance with statutory, administrative, and regulatory requirements by laisse, direct and oversee the design progress form concept models to final and construction implementation, including assisting and providing support to the design consultants during the permit procedure related issues with public entities.
• Pro-active bid preparation & management as either standlone service delivery, or, a part of a multi-disciplinary PMO/PMC approach to enquires
• Strategic development and growth of the Design Management service line within KSA, including business plan development and P&L responsibilities
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Country Director & Saudi Arabia Leadership Team
• PMO/PMC (internal & external) Client & Technical Team
• Interface with Government entities (i.e. RDA, SEC, etc.) PMC’s,
• External Master Planners, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, etc.
• Close collaboration with Atkins/F+G Group representatives, as appropriate
• 10-15 years relevant experience on large projects in GCC/KSA.
• BSc in a recognised design discipline from an accredited University which will allow registration with Saudi Council of Engineers.
• Design and Construction of mixed-use design projects (i.e. Residential, Commercial, Institutional). Design and Construction Management experience within a PMC and or PMO.
• Extensive experience in Design Management and Project Management of large scale multi-disciplinary projects.
• Owner/Developer and/or Contractor and Consultant experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills.
• Previous experience in a mega projects environment
• Microsoft Office proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Organised and self-motivated.
• Prior experience in leading multi discipline teams.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
You should be equipped to:
Manage and coordinate the inputs of project stakeholders and appointed contractor to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
Assess and resolve site planning and coordination issues.
Apply quality management principles and processes.
Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project.
Be aware of the broader perspective and how it affects the project.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We offer an excellent package which includes:
A competitive salary.
Medical and life insurance cover.
22 business days annual leave.
Discretionary bonus scheme.
Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
SNC-Lavalin is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We aim to provide quality and fairness for all job applicants and employees and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, religious conviction or disablement. We oppose all forms of unlawful treatment and discrimination.
Our aim is for the company to be representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applications equally.
We pursue this commitment by:
Having clear and concise procedures and guidelines for both line managers and employees to ensure policies are fully understood and implemented;
Complying with the relevant employment legislation and codes of practice;
Ensuring that all existing employees, potential employees, colleagues and customers are treated equally and with respect;
Ensuring that the workplace is an environment free from discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying regardless of an individual’s gender, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, religious conviction or disablement;
Making all decisions relating to recruitment, selection or promotion according to the employees’ ability.
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Over the past 50 years, we’ve helped shape cutting-edge ideas in Saudi Arabia; from large infrastructure projects to mixed-use masterplan developments. King Abdullah Financial District, Riyadh Metro
Hello, I’m Emily Hoyes, a Building Surveyor at AtkinsRéalis. My determination to pursue a career in construction and engineering was solidified after completing an industrial placement at what
Content typeVideos and Podcasts
Meet Luke Brown, Associate Director at AtkinsRéalis in the UK. He spent six years with us between 2015 and 2021 when he opted to experience life with an SME. He shares what brought him home to