Embedded Systems Lead Expert
Embedded Systems Lead Expert
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Due to an increase in demand from our clients in the Nuclear, Aerospace and Defence sectors we are looking to expand our real time electronic systems capability, growing our team with highly motivated and experienced individuals.
Join us as an Embedded Systems Lead Expert in our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) business.
You will lead and deliver multidisciplinary projects, delivering cutting-edge consultancy into novel safety and mission critical systems, supporting us grow the real time electronic systems capability.
We have a variety of projects, ranging from niche consultancy projects to large high-profile programmes meaning you'll always be able to develop and keep yourself challenged.
You will provide real time systems engineering consultancy and technical leadership at Principal Level working with our clients who are responsible for the development of safety and mission critical systems.
Work with multiple AtkinsRéalis client teams working on real time solutions from the concept through to entry into service and will direct the development of the implementation and solution:
- Including developing the appropriate artifacts such as plans, requirements, design, implementation, and verification artifacts.
- Provide advice to clients on how to design and develop real time programmable systems, ensuring that they meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
- Support the development of the AtkinsRéalis real time systems capability to meet current and future market demands.
- Support win-work and bidding activities, providing technical expertise and managing commercial and technical risk.
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to AtkinsRéalis teams acting as the focal point for the developing capability.
What you can bring:
Essential skills –
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills and able to provide and develop pragmatic solutions to emerging problems.
- Significant Software / Firmware engineering experience with background in high integrity systems development, including:
- Programmable HW engineering design and implementation and experience of implementing FPGAs, PLDsASICs and or PSoCs.
- Experience of model driven design and applicable languages such as Verilog or VHDL.
- Embedded, real-time software development (C, C++, Ada or Assembler).
- Technical leadership and management of engineering teams throughout the firmware/software engineering life cycle.
- Development of real time architectures and design solutions, including allocation of system requirements to firmware/software requirements.
- Development and execution of software/firmware V&V plans and procedures, including development of test rig solutions.
- Knowledge of and using applicable standards used in regulated domains such as Defence Standard 00-055, 00-056, ARP 4754A, RTCA DO-254, RTCA DO-178C, IEC 61508 or similar engineering standards for high integrity systems.
Desirable skills –
- Chartered engineer status.
- Experience in managing suppliers.
- Knowledge of Civil and/or Military regulatory certification, airworthiness and environmental requirements.
- Experience and involvement in recognised industry working groups and/or standards development organisations.
Behaviours and leadership skills:
- Ability to lead teams effectively with outstanding, technical and domain expertise.
- Ability to promote a positive client relationship building on trust and ensure best customer value.
- Ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to develop pragmatic and novel solutions to complex problems, thinking creatively “outside of the box” where required.
- Excellent communication skills in English language, both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic and level of professionalism.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis, is a top global consultancy with over 100 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
AtkinsRéalis, is where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK
Our Latest Articles
Computing science taught in schools today must be broadened, and must start being taught much sooner, if we have any chance of closing the cyber skills gap, says former teacher and AtkinsRéali
The demand for cyber security professionals is continually increasing, yet the cyber skills shortage and gap persist. It’s time to boost the diversity of cyber skills in the UK by thinking out
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
Today, AtkinsRéalis, celebrates the leadership and dedication of one of our rising stars. Meet Junior Consultant Development Programme (JCDP) graduate Lottie Hayman. A champion of Equality, Di