Highway Maintenance Snowplow Operator
Highway Maintenance Snowplow Operator
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction, and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Brun-Way Highways Operations Inc. is seeking qualified individuals for the temporary, part-time positions of Winter Maintenance Plow Operator. Brun-Way is responsible for 275 kilometres of the Trans-Canada Highway, from the Quebec border to Longs Creek (west of Fredericton) and Route 95 between Woodstock and the Houlton Border, until the year 2033.
The incumbent would be part-time and may be requested to work on an on-call basis as work will be determined mainly on snow and ice events.
COMPENSATION: Hourly wage PLUS $1000 bonus per month
**eligibility conditions apply for the bonus as per the compensation guideline
This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and performing manual labor as required, to maintain the highway and right-of-way assets to ensure conformance with contractual requirements.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform the role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Operate highway vehicles, predominantly snowplow and materials spreader trucks in the winter season, for maintaining the travelled highway surfaces in safe condition according to contractual requirements.
- Operate and maintain a variety of highway maintenance equipment (including loaders, tractors, small power equipment, and power tools) required to repair and maintain all highway roadway and corridor assets according to contractual requirements.
- Perform general manual labour required to maintain and repair the highway and related corridor assets (including litter removal, traffic control, signs and related damages, spring debris clean-up).
- Prepare daily work records of activities and accomplishments, including equipment operating times and vehicle performance.
- Assist in routine equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in yard maintenance and general good house-keeping clean-up practices.
- Required to work scheduled rotating shifts during Winter Operations.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 2 years’ previous job-related experience preferred.
- General knowledge of highway operations and working experience with various types of vehicles and equipment used in road maintenance activities is preferred.
- Valid driver license with Class 3 endorsement.
- Clean drivers’ abstract.
- Proven work performance related to timeliness and organization.
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with defined standards.
- Good personal documentation and problem solving.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of workplace health and safety.
- Team Player.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation and a safe and healthy work environment.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology, and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Latest Articles
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is to steer comp
In an ever-evolving job landscape, leveraging your skills and experience within the right market can shape the trajectory of your career. When you find the right fit for you, you’ll be in a gre
Hi, I’m Daniele, Railway Engineer at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. I was born and raised in Milan, where I pursued my studies in mechanical engineering with a focus on mechanical design a