Project Manager Rail
Project Manager Rail
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins is currently seeking a Project Manager to join the Rail team based in Dublin, Dundalk, Cork or Galway office.
Atkins is world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy. In industries ranging from healthcare and civil infrastructure to energy, housing and resilience, Atkins provides data-driven expertise that ensures projects are delivered on time and on budget, making the lived environment better and sustainable. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021. As the largest design engineering design consultancy in the UK and Ireland, and one of the largest consultants globally, we have an incredible breadth of experience and skills that allows us to provide a wide range of services to our clients. The Atkins Ireland team is 250 strong and are engaged with all the major clients in Ireland. The Irish government’s recent publication of the National Development Plan has reemphasised the policy modal shift that must take place in Ireland to more sustainable forms of transport including rail. Our rail portfolio of work in Ireland is growing significantly, with committed multi-year contracts with Irish Rail and Transport Infrastructure Ireland on projects such as the DART+ programme and Dublin Metrolink.
We focus on innovative design and technical excellence, fostering a trusted partner approach to delivery with our clients. We are looking for individuals who are creative, organised, self-motivated, and collaborative with experience in delivering multi-disciplinary designs, preferably in Rail. The candidate would ideally be a Chartered Engineer, with experience delivering schemes from concept to detailed design. The position requires a technical background in engineering as it will be a role working closely with industry leading clients and stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to lead projects of varying size and complexity. Opportunities may also be provided to work in other complementary sectors where skills are transferrable, to meet the individual and business’ goals. The role position and salary will be commensurate with your demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Project Manager or Package Manager role on multi-disciplinary rail projects.
- Contract/Commercial management ownership.
- Managing the design process.
- Line management and mentoring of more junior staff.
- Developing tender proposals, leading bids and winning new commissions.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Minimum 7 years’ postgraduate experience, primarily in a consultancy environment.
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- Experience in the delivery of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects in Ireland/UK.
- Experience of all stages of a project life-cycle.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary design team.
- Strong growth potential to take on more senior roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery.
- An awareness of developing technologies and best practice in the industry.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and think outside the box.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- A willingness to develop and build client relationships.
- Full driving licence.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine