Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA Geomatics group as an Project Surveyor.
Under supervision, performs entry-level Geomatics work while developing professional proficiency. Performs all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, research, and error analysis.
- Generally applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified field-based Geomatics tasks requiring specialized academic training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree plus seven years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus fifteen years related experience OR high school diploma (or equivalent) plus seventeen years related experience is required
- Math/trigonometry computation ability; knowledge of CAD software; knowledge of ArcGIS; good communications skills (verbal and written, including technical writing); analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise.
- Ability to make logical on the fly decisions based on a Geomatics background.
- Ability to operate as a one person field unit.
- Ability to operate field equipment, calculator, computer, CAD based software, and GIS based software.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings, make recommendations, and work with people. Ability to compose clear and concise reports and legal descriptions
- LSIT Preferred
- Proficient in Point Cloud Data extraction (TopoDOT/ Cyclone) or willing to learn in the first 3 months of hiring.
- Civil 3D proficient (Topographic Surveys, Boundary Surveys, DTM)
- MicroStation/Open Roads/Geopak experience is a great plus
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Atkins is now in Mumbai and we are looking for talented professionals who want to learn, thrive, and grow their engineering careers with us. As one of the world’s most respected design, enginee
Nestled between Aberdeen Island and the southern coast of Hong Kong Island, a beautiful and vibrant city – Hong Kong is known to be one of the most developed cities in the world. Being a city
At Atkins India, our core beliefs lie in empowering and unleashing the full potential of our team members, enabling them to create a tangible impact and contribute towards building a brighter f