Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Resident Engineer for Naas, Co. Kildare. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in roads/transport infrastructure. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working independently. The role will involve site-based supervision, administration, monitoring, and inspection of construction activities.
Job summary and desirable skills / attributes:
- Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the civil engineering industry, including 2 years construction phase involvement in the supervision & administration of Public Works Contract for Civil Engineering Works.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts; including processing of Valuations, and assessment of Claims.
- Experience in supervising and inspecting the construction of roadworks including pavement, drainage, ducting, signage, lighting, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting on Contractor’s progress.
- Ability to work independently and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of current H&S regulations and best practices.
- Full driving licence and a valid SafePass.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work alone or as part of a team when required.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine