Senior Bridge Engineer
Senior Bridge Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer with 10+ years of experience to join our Cork office. We have a large amount of Bridge design work secured and a significant pipeline of interesting projects. This is an excellent opportunity to take on significant responsibility and to develop your career with support from our senior management team.
- Acting as Senior Bridge Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Design input and overseeing the delivery of Structural aspects of projects.
- Design of Bridge Rehabilitation works.
- Project Management of small and medium sized projects bridge projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Planning, Design, Tender & Construction Stage).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design opportunities with public and private clients.
- Communication with internal and external parties (Clients, Stakeholders etc.).
- Preparation of design drawings and review of drawings prepared by others.
- Report writing.
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team.
- Assisting in undertaking duties of the PSDP.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team.
- Ability to take responsibility for leading projects from a technical perspective.
- Knowledge and experience in Bridge design, Inspection, Assessment and Rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of Eurocodes.
- Knowledge of structural analysis software (MIDAS Civil or LUSAS).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience in the design of concrete, steel and masonry structures.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Good communication skills (particularly written English).
- Experience on road, rail and active travel projects.
- Experience in Client facing roles.
- Bridge design experience and Project management experience on bridge projects.
- Bridge inspection experience desirable.
- Chartered Bridge Engineer.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Based in Cork Office.
- Third Level Qualification (Level 8 or higher).
- Chartered Engineer.
- 10+ years of experience.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine