Senior Cyber Security Consultant - Operational Technology
Senior Cyber Security Consultant - Operational Technology
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Let's make our world safer, smarter, better.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you.
Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and conscientious individual who has relevant experience implementing Cyber Security in an Operational Technology (OT) environment such as energy, utilities or transportation. Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers’ business, building trust, winning work and providing Cyber Security expertise across the spectrum of people, process and technology, covering strategic and advisory through to secure solution design. To be successful in this role you need to have the ability to work on multiple projects and with many stakeholders concurrently.
The role is open for candidates across the UK, including Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen), Wales and the South East/London.
- Provide Cyber Security advice and guidance for Critical National Infrastructure clients in business as usual, technical refresh and new project environments.
- Be able to apply knowledge, with creative and innovative thinking, in a broad range of complex and non-routine contexts covering people, process and technology relating to the cyber risk management of OT/ICS.
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements.
- Facilitate Cyber Security risk assessments and determine the most cost-effective deployment of security controls and solutions in line with the client’s business risk appetite to protect OT/ICS environments.
- Create client policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements and standards, taking into account normal working practices in OT/ICS environments.
- Select appropriate technology to meet clients’ security requirements and help them deploy that technology in live OT/ICS environments.
- Technically lead multi-disciplinary teams on client engagements.
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key clients and stakeholders that improves the value of the Cyber Security services being performed.
What you can bring?
- Experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in OT/ICS environments within relevant CNI sectors such as civil nuclear, energy, transport and water.
- Experience of conducting engagements on live industrial plants including site surveys, risk assessments and the deployment of appropriate security controls.
- An excellent communicator, verbal (active listener) and written (able to write concisely).
- Ability to articulate and pitch Cyber Security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key client stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities and delivering security outcomes to tight deadlines whilst managing client stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and leading a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- Deep understanding of the way that OT/ICS systems are procured, designed, deployed and operated, including best practice around the way that cyber security is factored into these processes.
- Familiarity with one or more OT cyber security standards or regulatory frameworks such as IEC/ISA 62443, NIST CSF, NCSC CAF, the Network and Information Systems (NIS) Regulations and HSE OG-0086.
- GICSP, IEC/ISA 62443 or other cyber security qualifications with strong relevance to OT cyber would be an advantage.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Flexibility over travel throughout the UK and potentially internationally.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis, is a top global consultancy with over 100 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
AtkinsRéalis, is where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
"Contributing to the future of sustainable and efficient transportation, One Rail at a Time" – Makaita G, Graduate Engineer Makaita, what do you do in AtkinsRéalis' Rail
Computing science taught in schools today must be broadened, and must start being taught much sooner, if we have any chance of closing the cyber skills gap, says former teacher and AtkinsRéali
The demand for cyber security professionals is continually increasing, yet the cyber skills shortage and gap persist. It’s time to boost the diversity of cyber skills in the UK by thinking out