Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Why join us?
We are hiring! AtkinsRéalis is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Jacksonville, FL or Lake City, FL office.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area. Knowledge of design, production and coordination of construction plans and drawings in support of engineering project(s). Review and provide cost estimates in support of Florida Department of Transportation for various types of Transportation projects. On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent of engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems. Has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. AtkinsRéalis has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. AtkinsRéalis has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Reads, interprets, and reviews plans, specifications, and cost estimates for major transportation projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Understands preliminary engineering design and reviews the design and drafting work of others.
- Prepares cost estimates.
- Understands the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements or difficult coordination requirements. Work involves analytical ability review design procedures, interpret complex specifications, analyze design requirements, and provide cost estimates.
- Most assignments are performed independently, making decisions on technical problems and methods. Receives approval on proposed plans for projects and general direction as to results expected or unusual problems.
- Coordinates with professionals, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Interfaces with senior technical professionals and technical managers.
- Routinely interfaces with the client.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in engineering construction plans review and project cost estimation strongly desired. Good technical writing, computer and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project management training.
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS
- P.E. license is required.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data, and plan/prioritize project tasks.
What we offer at AtkinsRéalis:
At AtkinsRéalis, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
AtkinsRéalis is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review AtkinsRéalis Equal Opportunity Statement here:
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Upon acceptance of an offer, all candidates must go through a drug screen test and background check. AtkinsRéalis is a federal contractor which mandates a satisfactory background screening report and drug test that supersedes state laws.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, AtkinsRéalis family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab