Senior Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Manages and coordinates the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope and schedule.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain project schedules to ensure cost, quality and schedule objectives are met.
- Develop and recommend improvements to project work processes.
- Participates in the development of project and engineering execution strategies.
- Manage and control the engineering budget and deliverables list.
- Prepare project forecasts.
- Identify scope changes and request change orders in advance of performing work.
- Using established project management tools, measure monthly, the progress of engineering, to ensure that the budgets and schedules are being met, and if necessary, take corrective action.
- Ensures that the review of documentation is carried out in accordance with the Project Instructions.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Ensure that interdisciplinary coordination is carried out in accordance with the Project Instructions.
- Set agenda and lead project meetings, including preparation of meeting minutes.
- Prepare engineering and construction work packages as required to support the execution of the project.
- Initiate a prompt identification and correction for any engineering issues.
- Oversee and manage the procurement requisition process, review bids and tendering documents to ensure conformance with the project scope and technical specifications.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate all interfaces with client operations groups.
Ensures that suitable and sufficient staffing is available to meet the performance objectives of the project.
- Support the identification and prequalification of subcontractors.
- Clearly communicate the engineering scope, including the technology and the design information, to team members to meet project requirements.
- Review drawings and develop scopes of work.
- Management of subcontractors including change management.
- Develop project execution plans.
- Coordinate and develop final reports for all study phases of a project.
- Work as a Project Manager, Engineering Manager, and Proposal manager on small mandates.
- Establishes and maintains a climate favorable to the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of the project engineering work.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or eligible for PEO registration.
- Minimum 15 years of experience.
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience preferred.
- Site experience and/or experience working in an operations role in a mining process plant.
- Solid understanding of project management and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields.
- Working knowledge of cost, planning and control methods.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques.
Ability to travel for extended periods.
Skills Required –
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills.
- High level of experience with all engineering disciplines.
- Experience working on sites in a construction role, commissioning role, operations role or plant engineering role is an asset.
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure.
- Self-motivated & goal oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Why nuclear engineering at AtkinsRéalis? Our nuclear teams at AtkinsRéalis are making it possible for generations to experience the benefits of nuclear and you can too. We’re looking for the brighte
Mohan Rajadurai | Principal Project Manager What is career mobility? Career mobility, also known as career advancement or career progression, refers to the ability and opportunities for individuals t
What is project management? Project management is the process of overseeing a project from planning through to completion. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project