Team Lead- Civil/Structures
Team Lead- Civil/Structures
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins is currently seeking a Civil/Structural Team Lead to join the team based in our Dublin, Dundalk, Cork or Galway office.
Atkins is world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy. In industries ranging from healthcare and civil infrastructure to energy, housing and resilience, Atkins provides data-driven expertise on projects, making the lived environment better and sustainable. We were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021 and as the largest design engineering design consultancy in the UK and Ireland, and one of the largest consultants globally, we have an incredible breadth of experience and skills that allows us to provide a wide range of services to our clients. The Irish government’s publication of the National Development Plan has reemphasised the policy modal shift that must take place in Ireland to more sustainable forms of transport and our portfolio of work in Ireland is growing significantly, with committed multi-year contracts with Irish Rail, Transport Infrastructure Ireland and Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) on projects such as the DART+ programme, Metrolink and DAA Aviation frameworks.
We focus on innovative design and technical excellence, fostering a trusted partner approach to delivery with our clients. We are looking for an experienced civil/structural engineer who has developed and managed a civil/structural consultancy team before. The person must be technically competent, project focused, organised and passionate about engineering. The candidate would be a Chartered Engineer, with experience of all stages of the project life cycle. You will have the opportunity to supervise the design of projects of varying size and complexity, across multiple sectors. The Civil/Structural team lead will be a senior member of the Atkins Ireland Transportation team who will provide technical oversight of projects in Ireland, through directly working on projects or mentoring staff in project delivery roles. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing a new Civil/Structural team in Ireland focused on the Transportation sector and assist with developing the right team structure for our clients and projects. Opportunities will also be provided to work in other complementary sectors where skills are transferrable, to meet the individual and business’ goals. The role position/grade and salary will be commensurate with your demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Civil/Structural engineering technical leadership of projects in Ireland.
- Growing and developing a team of civil/structural engineers.
- Acting as Civil/Structural lead on projects.
- Ability to interface with other engineering disciplines on complex multi-d projects.
- Ensuring design is defined and delivered in accordance with appropriate guidance, standards and client requirements.
- Inputting to technical/quality proposals for new commissions.
- Implementing a robust quality management system.
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- An ability to ensure safe-by-design is at the core of the design and delivery process.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in own and team performance.
- Minimum 12 years of postgraduate experience, primarily in a consultancy environment.
- Cross-sector civil/structural engineering experience, preferably including rail.
- Experience of delivering projects to BIM Level 2 equivalent.
- An awareness of developing technologies and best practice in the industry.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Full driving licence.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an