Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer to work in our dynamic civil infrastructure and aviation team preferably based in our Galway Office (although consideration will be given to locating in Dublin, Cork or Dundalk). The successful candidate will work in a civil team within a multidiscipline office and shall work on varied projects mainly across aviation and also land development for industrial, commercial, residential, healthcare and education projects. The successful candidate should be chartered and have experience in leading the civil engineering design projects.
- Experience in leading the civil engineering site development design projects
- Familiarity with the requirements of the planning system with regards civil design
- Experience in leading the civil engineering design projects in the aviation industry
- Drainage and utilities design experience
- Experience in leading design teams and manage project delivery
- Experience in design and project management
- Educated to degree level (level 9 preferred)
- 7-10 years relevant experience in a consultancy business
- Chartered Engineer
- Candidate must have ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Will have a track record in communicating with and managing relationships with private and state clients.
- Planning and control of technical resources to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous staff management experience
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and a positive outlook and approachable manner
- Well motivated, willing to take responsibility and able to work as part of a team or alone when required
At Atkins we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an