Design Engineer (Civil)
Design Engineer (Civil)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join the aviation team based in Dublin/Cork or Galway office.
Atkins is renowned for an array of significant projects across Aviation, Cities & Residential Development, Transport, Energy and Water markets. Wea are certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
The Atkins Aviation team is founded on experience and dynamism, armed with a can-do attitude, and underpinned by exemplary technical, engineering, operational and leadership backgrounds from across the aviation sector. It focuses on innovative design and technical excellence with a passion for completing projects on time, within budget and to the client's complete satisfaction.
Atkins Aviation team provides technical services to a multitude of airports around the globe from Dubai to Hong Kong to Heathrow. In Ireland, this portfolio has included landside and airside projects for the likes of Ireland West Airport Knock and Dublin Airport. Most recently, Atkins secured planning permission for a major refurbishment of Terminal 1 at Dublin Airport and for Cork Airport Atkins has just successfully completed the delivery of multi-disciplinary design services for Cork Runway Rehabilitation with Colas Limited. It will be the fastest large-scale construction project undertaken in Ireland in recent years – 12 months from funding approval to the completion of the main works – encompassing EU tendering, design, regulatory approvals, and construction. In addition, Atkins has been appointed by daa as single supplier to deliver multi-disciplinary design projects under the Building Design Services framework which will run from 2022 to 2027.
We are looking for individuals who are creative, organised, self-motivated, and collaborative with experience in co-ordinating and delivering designs in an airport or live operations environment. The candidate would ideally be a Chartered Engineer or nearly Chartered with multi-disciplinary design experience, including successful delivery of schemes from concept to detailed design.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that will embrace your ideas to better serve our clients. You will have the prospect of advancing your career and professional development as an engineering discipline leader or delivery lead on aviation projects. Our current projects are located across Ireland.
You will have the opportunity to develop and deliver aviation projects of varying size and complexity.
The role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who wants to apply, improve, and maximise his/her technical knowledge, leadership, and client relationship skills within an environment where further progression will be very much supported and encouraged.
The role position and salary will be commensurate with your demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Acting as a Design Engineer on live jobs.
- Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders.
- Assist Senior Design Engineer and Project Manager to deliver project.
- Coaching young graduates and junior team members.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Minimum 3 years of postgraduate experience.
- Chartered or nearly Chartered with the Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- Experience in the development of infrastructure or multi-disciplinary building projects in Ireland / UK - Preliminary Design, Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Assessment, Construction Supervision.
- Experience in design and build schemes.
- Ability to grow, lead and motivate junior team members including young graduates, and gain respect from colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery.
- An awareness of emerging trends, developing technologies, and evolving best practices to maintain our Client’s position at the forefront of its markets.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes and have a good understanding of MS Project.
- A willingness to develop and build client relationships.
- Full driving licence.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine