Design Manager/ Senior Design Manager, Highways (Middle East)
Design Manager/ Senior Design Manager, Highways (Middle East)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We are looking for Design Manager/ Senior Design Manager, Highways (Middle East) to join our team. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Gurgaon, India.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Able to manage large scale Middle East highway projects, with a role of Design Manager co-ordinating with various stake holder.
- Thorough knowledge of AASTHO/ DMRB or ME standard.
- Develop broad technical competence and able to check work of all those in the project team.
- Capable of responsible and varied assignments.
- Receive on the job technical training through performing tasks with no supervision.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project team.
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgement but refers to more senior staff for complex matters.
- Ability to use design software’s competently and provide on the job support to junior engineers
- Ability to supervise a small team undertaking checks and inspections of constructed works for compliance with design and specifications, including monitoring and proposing remedial actions. Look after budgets, resourcing and outsourcing of work within the office or within the team.
- Able to author competent technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Able to check work of all those in the project team. Able to realistically estimate pricing/timing associated with projects within their area of expertise.
- Clear knowledge of work procedures, and ability to brief project team on them.
- Increase knowledge, and use, of Atkins’ capabilities outside business units.
- Able to present / represent their technical work and that of their colleagues on the project (presentations / meetings).
- Ability to develop / improve niche technical capability in response to business opportunity.
- Ability to market technical capability internally and possibly externally.
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS).
- Familiar with the commercial aspects of project management.
- Able to prepare programmers and cost estimates and manage schemes from inception to completion.
- Conversant with Financial systems
- Able to work as reliable and pro-active member of the team, able to apply knowledge gained.
- Able to reliably manage a team. Regular supervision of other junior staff.
- Increasing knowledge of, and use of, Atkins capabilities outside of business units.
- Developing relationships with Atkins colleagues outside of the business area.
- Report on own performance on a regular basis including (this includes eg timesheets) specified in BMS.
- Mandatory Requirements:
- Hands on experience of Civil 3D (compulsory) or Open roads.
- Working experience to DMRB/ AASHTO
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in design of Highways.
- At least 1 year of experience on design co-ordination.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers and CAD technicians.
- Experience of technical leadership for major highway projects at feasibility and detailed design stages.
- Ability to give others confidence in their technical and professional ability and develop understanding in relation to their own discipline.
- Ability to fully understand, explain, present and solve complex technical problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- A team player and work in collaboration
Multi-tasker with ability to plan and priorities his own and project work schedule. Starts to demonstrate basic leadership skills and team management skills. Looks beyond the work assigned and works towards process improvement.
Why work for Atkins?
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
Our Latest Articles
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
Jen H. joined Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in 2017 as a Graduate Engineer in Infrastructure. She joined the reserves soon after becoming a well-rounded Civil Engineer in our Design &