Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Make ambitious visions possible.
Welcome to AtkinsRéalis, Project and Programme Services.
Join us on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges around the globe. As part of a friendly, collaborative team, you'll be valued equally – and together, we'll deliver excellence for people and the environment. You'll also enjoy all the training and progression you need to take you through the glass ceiling.
We encourage our people to find a work-life balance that helps them thrive. So, ask us how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We hear and recognise all our people's different perspectives. Some of our recent pledges have been for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.' Learn more.
Our awesome complex infrastructure team makes the biggest, most complex and ambitious infrastructure projects happen.
You will manage and plan resources, innovate and foster a collaborative, professional and positive working environment along with delivering an appropriate estimating role.
This role will be split between delivery, team management and business growth with both externally with key strategic partners, new clients and internally across the entire business.
You will be specifically responsible for the delivery of multiple commissions and support the Estimating Director and Head of Discipline in recruiting high calibre individuals that will deliver excellence to our clients and represent our brand in a positive way.
You will stimulate profitable growth for the team, act as a mentor to others and drive the performance of the business forward.
Reporting into the Associate Director, you will be a senior member of the transportation management team responsible for growing the existing team and building long term, sustainable team relationships with our Complex Infrastructure clients.
What you will bring?
- Recognised expertise in estimating services across infrastructure (Rail, Highways, Water, Aviation, Energy).
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and unlock future talent for the business.
- An excellent understanding of industry benchmarks / best practices and methods of measurements (e.g., RMM, MMHW etc).
- Strong network within the transport infrastructure sector.
- Proven track record of service innovation, technical excellence and exceptional service delivery.
- Technical ability to challenge engineering teams and identify/cost efficient design solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of the challenges facing transport sector and the opportunities available.
- Major project/programmes of work experience.
- Further enhance our Estimating capability including leading on the development and use of Cost X, Cost OS and other established estimating software.
- Lead our community of practice and drive technical excellence, service innovation and supporting with the development of our benchmarking capabilities.
- Unlock talent and develop next generation of leaders.
- Deliver excellent client service on our commissions through quality assurance and regular client care.
- Develop, mentor and support your teams on project / technical delivery.
- Deliver the strategy for the Estimating Service including identifying continuous development.
- Deliver an exceptional estimating service full multiple stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for strategic recruitment and associated investments by the business, linked to the Transportation business strategy.
- Ensure appropriate engagement with the wider Faithful+Gould, Atkins and SNL Lavalin business, as determined by the strategy.
- Develop a positive team ethos and continue to create opportunities for the team’s development.
- Continually monitor progress against targets, identify risks and provide solutions to achieve successful business outcomes.
- Support with the estimating business development activity.
- Support with the review of our Key Account Management Plans for all key clients.
- Monitor and manage estimating activity and associated expenditure within your remit.
- Generate high quality thought leadership material for use on the website & in the market.
- Secure year-on-year margin improvement on project delivery.
- Further develop our Off-shore capability including managing their use on project delivery.
Monitor and control compliance with all key metrics, including (but not limited to):
- Project Health Checks.
- Risk register review and updates.
- PSR Completion.
- Support the account management team to maximise our impact.
- Enhance the reputation of our business.
- Increase our share of the clients spend.
- Exploit opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations.
- Leading interfaces with design and engineering elements of our business.
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity.
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction.
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering portfolios and projects relating to highways, Rail and other infrastructure sectors.
- Be the ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practice.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery.
Team building and management:
- Managing and helping grow our service and sector-focused teams.
- Mentoring and developing your team.
- Proven track record to lead projects for or on behalf of local or national transportation clients.
- Proven track record of working in a consultancy environment, delivering exceptional projects, and managing teams.
- Chartered with RICS, ICE, AACE, ACostE or similar.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/.
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis is a leading international consultancy with over 100 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Hello, I’m Emily Hoyes, a Building Surveyor at AtkinsRéalis. My determination to pursue a career in construction and engineering was solidified after completing an industrial placement at what
Content typeVideos and Podcasts
Meet Luke Brown, Associate Director at AtkinsRéalis in the UK. He spent six years with us between 2015 and 2021 when he opted to experience life with an SME. He shares what brought him home to
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher