Major Roads Project Manager
Major Roads Project Manager
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Major Roads Project Manager for road schemes throughout Ireland. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, must be Chartered and have substantial relevant major roads planning and design experience, including giving evidence at Oral Hearing for EIAR and CPO for major road schemes. The candidate will join our busy Highways and Transportation team to be based in our Cork or Galway office. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable being a team lead as part of the role.
The role will involve team building and leadership, project management of road schemes around Ireland, planning and design services, preparation of EIA / CPO, preparation of contract documentation, administration of construction contracts and management of projects for public and private clients.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Must be Chartered.
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes and have a good understanding of MS Project.
- Experience of relevant design standards including a detailed knowledge of the DMRB / DMURS and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- Experience in design and build schemes.
- Experience in the development of roads schemes in Ireland - Preliminary Design, Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Assessment, Construction Supervision.
- Full driving licence.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra