Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market.
Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
Candu Energy Inc./SNC-Lavalin Nuclear Inc. is actively seeking a qualified Junior Mechanical Process Engineer. Functionally reporting to Manager, Mechanical & Process, and under the general supervision of Project Engineering Management Team, the Junior Mechanical/Process Engineer (Engineer-In-Training) is responsible for supporting the Senior and Intermediate Engineers in developing the engineering design deliverables. The successful candidate will be working within a multi-discipline engineering team supporting the design and construction of existing plant modifications/refurbishments and/or new nuclear facilities.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist in development, preparation of engineering design deliverables (e.g. design specification, over-pressure protection reports, calculations, technical assessments, drawings, bill of materials (BOMs), system classification lists (SCLs), etc.) for both nuclear and conventional systems in accordance with SNC-Lavalin Nuclear Inc. / Candu Energy Quality Assurance Programs and project requirements;
- Assist in procurement support activities;
- Assist Senior/Intermediate Engineers with timely updates on work progress;
- Attend walkdowns, site visits and technical/project meetings, as required;
- Ensure relevant Codes & Standards and regulatory requirements are adequately applied;
- Perform task in accordance to defined work scopes and client requirements;
- Interface with construction/procurement partners and utility stakeholders, as required;
- Must be “Team” oriented with a demonstrated ability to work well with other and promote a positive work environment.
- Knowledge in mechanical and/or process system engineering principles;
- Ability to apply engineering principles and develop effective practical solutions;
- Working experience with nuclear codes and standards, including CSA N285.0, CSA N299, ASME BPVC Section III Division 1 and ASME B31.1, is an asset;
- Good fluency and proficiency in communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills;
- Working knowledge of analytical and design tools (e.g. PipeStress, ANSYS, FloMaster and/or MathCAD) is an asset;
- Experience working in an EPC/project delivery environment is an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-related software applications, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with strong multi-tasking skills;
- Adaptability to change and thrives in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Engineering Science from an accredited University;
- Registered, or eligible to register, as an Engineer-in-Training with Professional Engineers Ontario;
- Engineering experience in the nuclear industry is an asset;
- Field engineering and implementation experiences are assets;
Other Aspects (If Applicable)
- Eligibility to obtain Security Clearances is mandatory (Candu internal and Client organization);
- Travels to client job site sites are required.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
If you're anything like Senior EC&I Engineer Alessandro Del Brenna, being constantly inspired and challenged is something you crave at work. He said, "Working at Atkins, a member of the SNC-La
Building careers and cultivating talents: a look into Atkins Nuclear & Power. Hi! My name is Laura Barlow, and I'm an Assistant Engineer at Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. I joine