Planning Engineer (Infrastructure)
Planning Engineer (Infrastructure)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Welcome to AtkinsRéalis, Project and Programme Services.
Our talented employees work on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges around the globe. So, join our friendly, collaborative team, where you'll be trusted to deliver excellence for people and the environment. We'll also support you with all the training and progression you need to take your career to the next level.
We encourage our people to find a work-life balance that helps them thrive. So, ask us how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We hear and recognise all our people's different perspectives. Some of our recent pledges have been for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.' Learn more.
Join us and collaborate across the disciplines on large and niche projects across complex infrastructure, within transportation, nuclear, energy, defence and utilities. We're big on expertise, not hierarchy, so you'll be trusted with more responsibility while supported by everyone around you. There's no one-size-fits-all in Faithful+Gould – you'll be encouraged to grow at every career stage in the direction that interests you.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing a programme of work.
- Ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Liaising with all departments of a project including design and construction.
- Producing progress reports and forecasts for team members, clients and stakeholders.
- Breaking large jobs down into phases of development.
- Using project management tools to plan timeframes.
- Working with estimators to calculate the resources needed for a project.
- Planning contingency programmes in case timeframes change.
- Meeting with contractors and suppliers.
- Writing bids for tender.
What can you bring:
- A recognised diploma or degree or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in all aspects of planning and scheduling.
- An understanding of Risk management and change management, earned value analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting.
- An understanding of programme contractual requirements.
- Experience of utilities or medium to large Infrastructure projects in one or more of the following industries: rail, aviation, nuclear, water and highways.
- A flexible approach to be office or site based according to the needs of the business and client.
- Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer both strategic and project advice.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills and the ability to operate professional planning tools such as Primavera P6.
- Excellent communication skills.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/.
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis is a leading international consultancy with over 100 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Hello, I’m Emily Hoyes, a Building Surveyor at AtkinsRéalis. My determination to pursue a career in construction and engineering was solidified after completing an industrial placement at what
Content typeVideos and Podcasts
Meet Luke Brown, Associate Director at AtkinsRéalis in the UK. He spent six years with us between 2015 and 2021 when he opted to experience life with an SME. He shares what brought him home to
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher