Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins Ireland, a member of SNCL have an opportunity for a Process Engineer, with 3+ years’ experience in the water/wastewater sector to join the Infrastructure Division. The candidate should have a variety of experiences; some examples include:
- Clean water treatment processes include DAF, RGFs, Disinfection (ozonation, UV, chlorination, etc.), membrane filtration (UF, NF & RO), etc.
- Biological wastewater treatment (ASP, MBBR, MBR, IFAS, SBR, etc.).
- Chemical dosing system for various applications (includes Otho-P removal, pH adjustment, etc.).
- Sludge treatment (includes Centrifuge, Filter press, Thickeners, etc.).
- Odour and septicity treatment.
- DSEAR, HAZOP lead, functional safety.
- Digital twins.
The candidate will assist in the design and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects for Irish Water and other clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Degree-qualified with a chemical/process engineering background.
- Typically, 3+ years’ experience in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector.
- Previous design and/or commissioning experience.
- Possess strong communication and soft skills and be able to function independently or as a member of a multidiscipline team.
- Good knowledge of industry, best practices or regulatory standards, regulations, and codes pertinent to Water Industry.
- A proven ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
- Plant and process reviews, assessments, route-cause analysis, apply cutting-edge evaluation techniques.
- Supporting plant operation, optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Feasibility, outline and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications, supplier tender evaluation.
- Working with and developing digital design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics, hydraulic calculations and other automated design tools.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with clients within Ireland and worldwide.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans.
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, Irish and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions over the entire water industry spectrum.
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects.
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation.
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine